Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Feature works?

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Cadmanto
1782 Views, 24 Replies

Inventor Feature works?

For those of you that know Solidworks, they had a feature that could create features from dumb solids called featureworks.  Does Inventor have anything similar?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for the tips.  I will look for these.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 22 of 25
rajeshindi
in reply to: Cadmanto

Even i am unable to work with this.

I am using INV 2012.  I have tried to install few times but in vein.  I tried to repair as well but no use.

I use win7-64bit

any help please?

Message 23 of 25
Cadmanto

I got it to work myself finally.

What I did is what JD suggested.  It wasn't until after I turned off the UAC and then restarted my whole machine (which it tells you to do so) do these changes take effect.

Make sure you are out of Inventor and all Autodesk products and totally uninstall any version you may have already loaded of this addin. Disable the anti-virus software and the UAC.

Restart your machine.  Then run  the install.  After it installs run Inventor.  If you go to addins (big "+" sign under the manage tab) you should see the addin listed.  If you then call up a dumb solid you will be prompted right away to use the feature works.

This is what I did and it worked.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 24 of 25
JDMather

I think someone posted a Registry edit a while back, but the UAC off did the trick.
Be sure to turn anti-virus back on and although some just leave UAC off I recommend turning it back on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 25 of 25
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

Yes I will confirm that the UAC definately nees to be off.  What is funny, when I was installing this I had the IT guy near me and when I told him what you said about the UAC his response was "that shouldn't effect anything, just leave it on."  So I did and like you said it didn't work.  So I uninstalled it yet again and turned off the UAC and low and behold, it worked.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report