Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor FEA simulation probe area

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nkeeley
1696 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor FEA simulation probe area

Hi all. So I've created a successful FEA simulation in Inventor 2014 and obtained results. But I want to see the highest stress in a defined area that is smaller than the entire part (I have some stress concentrations that are throwing off my 'max'). Is there a way to probe an area instead of just a point? I'm tired of creating a dozen probes to find the 'local max'.

Thanks!

Nathan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Bill-Ding
in reply to: nkeeley

Hi Nathon,

Good point! there are NO direct tools to show the local Max. value. But you can the Color Bar Settings and Contour Shading to get the Max. point which you want. I hope it can help you. Thanks.

Regards,

-Bill

Bill Ding
Message 3 of 10
blair

You do have Max and Min boxes. Square box with little square box in lower LH and Upper RH corners. These will produce labels on the model with Min and Max values.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 10
drguitarum2005
in reply to: blair

I remember in 2013 there was a probe tool that would return the value based on where the probe was hovering. Was useful just to see the numbers quickly in an area. Now that has been replaced with a probe tool that requires you to click, and it adds a label with no obvious way to remove that label. What I end up with is 800 labels for a small area that I no longer need.

Message 5 of 10
nkeeley
in reply to: Bill-Ding

Thanks Bill! Contour shading is a useful alternative that I hadn't tried yet. Helps get closer...

Message 6 of 10
nkeeley
in reply to: blair

Those are max/min for the entire part. I'd like the max/min of a smaller user defined area. Thanks for the response!

Message 7 of 10
nkeeley
in reply to: drguitarum2005

drguitarum. That would definitely help if it had been kept 😛 But I do know that you can delete probe labels. For some reason they are pretty tricky to grab though. I find it easier to drag one off into space with nothing behind it then right click and delete. Just makes sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
Bill-Ding
in reply to: drguitarum2005

Please find the attached files and have a look. Are there the probe tools which you're finding?

Bill Ding
Message 9 of 10
blair
in reply to: Bill-Ding

It appears the poster is looking for a filter tool to locate the Min or Max areas within a defined area or a part within an assembly.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 10
DavidsonT1

If you make the other parts invisible it automatically corrects the max and min to the remaining visible parts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report