Inventor General

Employee
jim.clauss
Message 1 of 23 (2,262 Views)

Inventor Drawings Survey

2262 Views, 22 Replies
11-01-2013 04:10 PM

The Inventor team has developed a survey to help us in planning for future releases regarding documentation / drawings.

We would love to hear from you!  The survey may be accessed at the following URL:

http://tinyurl.com/InventorDrawingSurvey

Best regards,
Jim Clauss

Software Architect - Inventor

Distinguished Contributor
gsmith9810
Message 2 of 23 (1,923 Views)

Re: Inventor Drawings Survey

11-30-2013 03:01 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

Hi Jim,

At our site, our engineers typically rely on contract drafters, so while they may occasionally dabble with drawings (and might have opinions) your survey isn't tailored to somebody unable (or unwilling) to answerALL of the questions or who has no opinion on some of them.

Just a thought...

Gary (come down and visit us, we're only in Wilsonville)

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 3 of 23 (1,892 Views)

12-01-2013 05:43 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

All done.  I have to ask.  Did this survey have anything to do with the ideas in the ideas station?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Valued Contributor
timdown73
Message 4 of 23 (1,701 Views)

12-13-2013 11:52 AM in reply to: jim.clauss
Glad to fill this out. Thanks for putting it out there and listening to users. If possible please inform us of the results. -Thanks.
Valued Contributor
Quadratec
Message 5 of 23 (1,635 Views)

12-17-2013 03:47 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

I completed the survey. It's great to see Autodesk is looking into this area of Inventor. I am very committed to providing my clients with quality drawings and as someone that has been in the drafting profession for over 20 years I can honestly say Inventor makes me a better drafter when I compare the types of illustration tools available in Inventor to those available in 2D AutoCAD.

Anthony Paul
*Expert Elite*
Mark_Wigan
Message 6 of 23 (1,486 Views)

01-07-2014 07:18 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

hi Jim,

i have started the survey but not sure if i have 20 to 25 mins though to finish it. also as noted above some users have spent many hours on ideas station & other inventor forumns submitting ideas. hopefully they & other user submissions are observerd as part of this research, eg votes on the wish list etc.

also perhaps you need to provide us a chance to opt out of some survey  questions, especially long ones so we can submit only what we wish to, or have time to, otherwise you miss out on the entire survey, or a rushed one.

thanks.

best regards,
- Mark

PDSU 2014 Windows 7, 64bit. (please consider Kudos or Tag as Solved if your issue is sorted)

Active Contributor
dexterdweller
Message 7 of 23 (1,429 Views)

01-09-2014 01:43 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

Done deal,

I appreciate the opportunity to give input.

Thanks,

Mike

Active Contributor
ic198
Message 8 of 23 (1,164 Views)

01-28-2014 01:39 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

Done. I did find myself copying links to ideas in the Ideastation into several of the comments boxes...

clara.csdrafting
Message 9 of 23 (994 Views)

02-18-2014 04:25 PM in reply to: jim.clauss

Thank you for allowing your clientele to be involved in some capacity with the enhancement process. 

P.S. I saw the following on Page No.3 when I took the survey:

• "AutoCAD has certain tools I need that Inventor does not’t have" 
------------------------------
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 10 of 23 (968 Views)

02-19-2014 07:34 AM in reply to: clara.csdrafting

If it ain't about ditching drawings in favor of 3d PMI then I don't care 

drawings are sooo old school and don't deserve a single second being spent on improvements :smileyhappy:

yep I just started the survey then said this is a waste of my time.. Die 2D..Die already.. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube