Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG file, workflow help req.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brian
239 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor DWG file, workflow help req.

Hi Guys,

I have an inventor DWG saved that is a single sheet with 4 views of a standard piece of equipment we like to layout in ACAD factory layout DWG files.

When I open the Inventor DWG there is nothing in Modelspace, but the Paperspace sheet shows the correct 4 views. Thats fine.

So I go into MSpace and insert the INV created 4 blocks that make up the views on the PS sheet. No problem they are all there, now i have an INV DWG file I can use as a basis for everyone else to get the blocks into another seperate ACAD factory layout file.

***HOWEVER***

Thinking I want these factory layouts to update if the Inventor DWG does, I xref the INV DWG file into the factory layout, which shows the 4 views in Mspace. What If I only want the plan view? I cant seem to then access the individual blocks within the xref in ACAD? You get the entire Mspace only?

Is there a different way to attach xrefs that allows me to select only a certain block?

I know I can use Design Center to copy the blocks into the factory layout one at a time. But it would be nice to have them xreffed so a change to the machinery in the  Inventor DWG is pushed to the ACAD factory layouts....

Is there a different workflow to do this other than having a seperate Inventor DWG file for each elevation?

Ta

Brian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: brian

Design Center allows you to update the blocks. I cant remember if it prompts you theres an update pending though. Maybe theres a system setting to push the updates on file open.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report