Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Content center Change category

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Paul-tedecon
1390 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Content center Change category

Hello!

Since i get around with the content center i am making our own custom frames and parts.

Now i have made a new category in the structural shapes catergory with all our own standards. Beacuse we're using some of the standard DIN EN 10210-2 pipes i want to copy this library to our own category and remove some of the pipes we never use.

What i did is:

-save copy as the family.

-move to my own library view

- tried to drag and drop the copied part to our own library (not possible)

- tried to change the family properties (parameter mapping) "Structural Shapes->Round Tubes" (not possible)

Is there any way to change the category, move/copy it to the our own category and delete the old one, of this copied library part , so it is easy reachable in the frame generator or "place from content center"?

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Paul-tedecon

Paul,

Have you done a search on these forums on this topic?  I know I was involved in a thread that was very similar to what youare asking a few weeks back.

I know you can copy and then delete, but try and find that thread and see if that helps you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Paul-tedecon
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto,

the only thread i can see, which can be similair is http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/change-content-center-category/m-p/3528842/highlight/...

Your last reaction there is:

"

07-06-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: warrentdo

Warren,

I did a little digging.  You are right the drag and drop does not work and I appologize fort suggesting it.

What I have discovered is that the library view needs to be on the correct folder you are working in.

So far what I have found that appears to work (all be it a little clumbersome) is you can RC on the

file in the CC editor and copy it to the desired location and then delete it from the original.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Custom-Content-Center-Update-and-Delete/td-p/2908644

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

(Colossians 3:23-25)"

but i realy don't get what you mean by RC, and i asume that CC the content center is?

(I am in the right folder view here.)
Message 4 of 9
cbenner

Hello,

Generally in here RC means right click with the mouse.  We wrongly assume everyone understands our abbreviations.  And, yes... CC is Content Center.

Message 5 of 9
Paul-tedecon
in reply to: cbenner

See attatched image, I hope this makes more clear what i would like to do with my copied and modified library part

Sadly, after right click, there is no "copy to other category" option, or something like that.

Message 6 of 9
cbenner

Sadly, the fact is that as of now, that functionality doesn't exist.  It has been added to the idea station,... probably more than once.  Perhaps in a future release.  Was this family published from a custom i-part, or was it simply a copied existing CC family?  Depending on how it was done, there are different ways you can proceed.

Message 7 of 9
Paul-tedecon
in reply to: cbenner

Hi, thanks for putting this option in idea station!

This is a copy-paste from a content centre file. I could have used the option to publish an ipart, but now i have all properties, name-tags and more without putting a lot of energy in it. So it would be nice to go ahead with this file in stead of an ipart.

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

This is actually the thread I was talking about.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Move-published-ContentCenter-part-to-another-folder/m...

Chris is right when he said that "RC" means "Right Click".  There are a lot of short cut terms you will grow to learn if you stick on these forums.

Let me know if this thread helps you.  Like it has been mentioned, there may not be a solution just yet, but I know there is an idea postesd in this thread link you might want to check out.   As well as searching for others.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 9
cbenner

Well, I see two options.  I'm not very familiar with authoring structural shapes, but I bet you could find some tips on that in the wiki help.  I may be wrong, but I'm thinking that as long as your custom folder is in the structural grouping (it looks like it is), you could author the shape choosing that as the Category. (caveat... I've never tried this).  Once it was authored with that as the category it should publish to that folder.  To try this, youwould need to "Open from Content Center", select any instance from the family table and open it "As Custom".  Then Re-Author it... like I said, I don't know for sure this will work.

The other thing you could do, if you never ever use certain sizes of this profile, is just edit the family table in it's base category, and remove the ones you don't use.  You would have to save the family to your read / write library first, but it looks like you did that already.

btw... please forgive my atrocious typing, I am fat fingered this morning!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report