Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Balloon

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
samsulhadi
3359 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor Balloon

Hi please help me

Why the Ballon's Value is different in the View 1 and in the View 2. I am using Inventor 2011. In the drawing below I create the View 1 from .ipt files  and View 2 from .ipn files. And the balloon's value should be 18 , like in the View 2 and why the value is differenjt in the Value 1? In the Balloon's setting I am using "ITEM" from "Part List" as Property Display for Balloon.

inventor balloon.jpg

Best Regards

Samsul Hadi

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

It's probably another part. Try selecting another line in view 2

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Item 1 from View1 is from a part. There can only be 1 item number in a part, because it's one part.

In View 2 you are placing balloon's to an assembly. In your assembly you have more then one items.

That's why.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 4 of 11
samsulhadi
in reply to: VdVeek

hi Vdveek,

so its mean I can't ballooning the individual part that the value same with the assembly? is there any way to create it same with the assembly's value?

thank you.

Message 5 of 11
VdVeek
in reply to: samsulhadi

The easiest way is to Override the value of the Balloon by Right Click on the Balloon you want to change. Then Edit Balloon, and change under Balloon Value the Override text. Only when you change your assembly the overrided value won't change. Is this workable for you? otherwise i need to post some iLogic code but that's a bit more complex.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 6 of 11
mikejones

Or create a level of detail on the assembly which suppresses all but the part in question and use the LOD on the drawing view for the part, that way the balloon number will always match. The view would need to be a new base view rather than a projection as it would be using a different LOD to the isometric view you have.

Or create a design view representation in the assembly turning the visability of all parts off except the one in question and use that for your drawing view. This way may be easier.

Mike

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 7 of 11
samsulhadi

Hi Rob

yes, currently I am using the right click option method just like your suggestion at least until I receive help or another method from this forum.

Because if I have to edit it manually it will needs time to checking all the part in an assembly when I am add or deleting some part. it's too risky for me.

I hope you help me with your iLogic code...because I can not create it by my self. I am so poor in script things.

Thank you

Samsul Hadi

Message 8 of 11
VdVeek

Samsul Hadi, this iLogic code must be placed inside your assembly and run from there after a change in the assembly.

The code is copying, from the structured Bom, the item number to the VENDOR-Property (or some other unused property). 

This Vendor property is stored in your part-file and can be accesed everywhere. Now In your drawing edit the Balloon Style and change the Property Display to show 'VENDOR' by placing it at the top of the list.

When you change your assembly just re-run the iLogic-Rule and the balloons will update.

balloonStyle.PNG

Message 9 of 11
samsulhadi

Rob

I've got error message here. Do I did it wrong? I am just copying your code and paste in iLogic Rules. is that right? and I can't saved the rule. the error message is appear.

ROB 2.jpg

ROB 2.jpg

Thank you

Samsul H.

Message 10 of 11
VdVeek

Samsul,

A few thing can be the problem. A difference between your 2011 version and my 2012 version.

An other problem can be the language settings you use. I use the English version so one of my properties is VENDOR. Check if you have the Vendor property, if you don't have it because you use an other language, change the rule to a property you have.

Did you run the code in an assembly?

Message 11 of 11
samsulhadi

Rob,

Finally I already solved the problem, and your code now is working properly.
Thank you very much.

Samsul H.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report