Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor BOM QTY field

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
452 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor BOM QTY field

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to remove the units from the quantity field in Inventor's BOM. It would be nice to not have values like *lbmass* repetitively appear.

I could get around this problem by manually entering values in the QTY column but would like to avoid doing this

I tried to get around this problem by making a custom column and entering QTY column values there but I was unable to control the custom column length.

Cheers, Greg
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rabbi_ca
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I gotcha why you wanna remove the Unit string. I think you want to add up the qty or mass fields values in excel.

Here you can try a trick in drawing file instead.

add the assembly file in the drawing and then add part list.

edit the part list and select column format... option, format the column to your choice and good to go.

edit style editor for part list to do same sort of work next time.

I hope rest does not need to explain. Enjoy. . . .

Regards

Parminder Jandu

Message 3 of 5
brendan.henderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Have a look in the assy model BOM at the CHOOSE COLUMNS icon (looks like a page with a red down arrow) and you will see that there are several QTY options. I use ITEM QTY which is the count of the items and UNIT QTY which is the length of the item or the UOM (200 mm long or Each).

Don't manually overwrite data in the BOM. It will only lead to errors and confusion later on.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 5
RobJV
in reply to: rabbi_ca

I can appreciate that you want to help but the op has probably figured out the answer sometime in the last 6 years. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
rabbi_ca
in reply to: RobJV

I can appreciate that we want to help but the op has probably figured out the answer sometime in the last 6 years.Man Wink

nevertheless nobody will return unanswer on this thread as I had. . . .

Regards,

Parminder Jandu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report