Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 to AutoCAD 2010

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LiamHanlon
345 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 to AutoCAD 2010

Hi all.

I'm trying to output a drawing to opening in Autocad. I'm using Inventor 2014 and Autocad 2010. I have tired to 'back-date' the Inventore DWG file Version but when i open the cad file it come up with 'The drawing cannot be open becuase it was created with a later version etc. I have attached screen shot, what have i done wrong?

Many thanks.

Drawing output

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: LiamHanlon

If you do "Save as" -> "Save Copy As" and select dwg, what is displayed in the options box?

dwg.jpg

It might be worth trying dxf (2000 version), to see if helps...

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 4
LiamHanlon
in reply to: sam_m

Worked!

It was set on AutoCAD 2013, changed it to Autocad 2010 and it worked fine.

Thanks sam_m.

Message 4 of 4
sam_m
in reply to: LiamHanlon

good to hear mate,

please mark the problem solved (click on "accept as solution" in bottom-right of the relevant post), so people scanning the forum can see this issue is resolved.

Thanks, Sam

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report