Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 thread tool doesn't work

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
grayfoxxx
2282 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2014 thread tool doesn't work

Hi guys, I have a problem with Inventor professional 2014 on windows 7 64x, my thread tool doesn't work, I clic on it and does nothing, doesn't work, no error message, just nothing, and when I try to make a hole with thread with the hole tool I cannot check the option to make it with a thread, it just doesn't select it. I unistalled the program and installed it again and keeps the same way, can you please help me?...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: grayfoxxx

Either your project file is setup incorrectly and its not pointing to the correct design date folder or the threads.xls file is missing. Or maybe you don't have excel installed on that machine.. (not sure if that part of Inventor needs it or not)

A google search for "Autodesk inventor threads.xls missing" should help more.

like this kind of stuff http://blogs.rand.com/support/2012/07/inventor-thread-command-and-threaded-holes-not-available.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
grayfoxxx
in reply to: mcgyvr

I already did that and still doesn't work, that's why I wrote here... but thanks anyway...

Message 4 of 13
mdavis22569

Can you ... Have you made threaded features prior? If you download a part that has threads on it, does it show up? Make a shaft and thread it? What type of hole is it? Can you upload the part?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
LT.Rusty

Has it ever worked?

Have you recently changed from having dual monitors to single?  If you have dual monitors, have you changed their relative positions?

I'm wondering if possibly when you click on the tool it is popping up the window, but it's doing it in a screen location that doesn't exist anymore.  I had that happen with the content center a few years back, and I was ready to put my face through a brick wall trying to get the window back on to my monitor.  Can't remember exactly what the technique was, but there's a couple different ways to do it. 

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
mcgyvr

@grayfoxxx wrote:

I already did that and still doesn't work, that's why I wrote here... but thanks anyway...

and did you try switching to a different "default" project file?

It SURE seems like the threads.xls file is missing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 13
grayfoxxx
in reply to: mdavis22569

Yes, I´ve made threaded features before, but I formated my laptop and reinstalled windows 7 64x (the same I had), I can open files with threads I made before, but I cant modify them and they look kinda weird.

Message 8 of 13
grayfoxxx
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'm starting from zero, a new install of the Inventor, the laptop was formated and I just re-installed the program, the project was set by default

Message 9 of 13
mslosar

Have you re-installed MS Office?
Message 10 of 13
grayfoxxx
in reply to: mslosar

mmm no, I'll try that and let you know...

Message 11 of 13
JDMather

@grayfoxxx wrote:

mmm no, I'll try that and let you know...

I would install MS Office and run Excel before installing Inventor.

Tip: Each time I install a software I create a Windows Restore Point before and after the install.

Be sure to disable UAC and Antivirus during the install.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you take a snapshot of Inventor Project dialog? I would like to see where \Design Data\ is mapped. Please go to the folder and see if there is Thread.xls and post the file here.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 13 of 13
grayfoxxx
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to answer but I was on vacations... I couldn't fix the problem so I just formated my laptop and reinstalled all over again, and now it works just fine.

Thanks for your help anyway guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report