Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 on Windows 8

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
calsprott
428 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 on Windows 8

Hi,

I am using a Windows 8 Acer 11" slate. I have downloaded Inventor 2014, Autocad 2014 and Revit 2014 using browser download. When I go to install these programs the Autodesk Auto Extractor opens and starts to extract the file. At 490mb extracted the extractor stops and does not change or respond. I have tried into both my C: drive and into my documents incase the laptop  is restricted by the education department to install the program in C: drive. Nothing works. Is this a problem with restrictions on the computer or with the program?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: calsprott

This is the "Autodesk Inventor" user forum, you might be best served posting your installation problem on the Autocad and Revit forum. Did you check the Autodesk hardware requirements for your particular software before installing?

Never heard of anyone trying to install this software on a tablet.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
CCarreiras

Windows 8 or 8.1?
CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
calsprott
in reply to: CCarreiras

I am fairly certain we are using Windows 8 not 8.1. And I don't think I have the option to update it as it is a school computer.
Message 5 of 5
stephengibson76

I have installed the product design suite on a number of tablets, mostly well below the minimum spec but have worked fine for "playing" with...  I was tempted by an AiO purchase like the Dell XPS 18 but couldnt justify the expense without a dedicated graphics card.  The last tablet I used was a Samsung XE700T with no dedicated graphics and everything ran fine although I didnt do anything heavy with it...  I would check in the installation forums

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Have-an-Installation-Question-Post-in-the-Installatio...

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report