Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 freeze when trying to create a New file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
maberg99
871 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2014 freeze when trying to create a New file

I can't seem to find any other documention of this happening to others.

In the midst of modeling or sketching a part, I will want to make another part simultaneously. I go up to the Inventor "I", select "New", and then it is as if the next window is hidden behind the current window.  There is no way to make it appear. The Taskbar only shows the one Inventor window and there is nothing to click on that window. No buttons are active, there is nothing that makes any thing active on it.  I have to cntrl/alt/delete and force quit the app and loose any unsaved changes.

I have service pack one installed.

Other specs:

i7 2.70 GHz

16 GB RAM

64 bit

Intel HD Graphics 4000 for laptop screen

Nvidia Quadro K2000M for 2nd monitor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: maberg99

We're aware of a conflict between Inventor's File, New dialog & the Box.net client application; do you have that installed ? If you exit from that, does the File New dialog work OK again?

Does CTRL+N work OK to invoke New ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
maberg99
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Yes, I do have Box.net app running.  I will try working with the client app turned off.

Cntl-N does invoke the New. I don't know off hand if it is as inconsistent as hitting the "I" Menu.

Message 4 of 6
maberg99

I have had success with quitting the Box client app before launching Inventor.

Is there an update underway to solve this bug?

Message 5 of 6
ChrisMitchell01

We're still investigating this in conjunction with the team at Box. We don't yet know if the fix will need to come from their side or ours....

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
andrewdw
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Did you manage to get a fix for this?

I have a similar problem along with other users here:

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Freezes When Creating New Document

I am also running Box and quiting Box Sync doesn't help. Also, from my reply to the post above, the New window loads and freezes in varying stages usually, with the window becoming visible and loading partially sometimes before freezing. So I do not think it is Box managing in stacking the New window below others, but another problem...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report