Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 'exits' when creating flat pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chrisDwhite
312 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2014 'exits' when creating flat pattern

Here I am trying to 'keep up' with my students, thought I'd use the Tutorial provided, finished the 2mm_guard...went to Create Flat Pattern and...I've never seen an 'exit' that quick before. I'm running Windows 8.1 on what I thought was a 'magic' Dell XPS 12 - what am I doing wrong?

Chris.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chad38
in reply to: chrisDwhite

Did this only occur once, or does it keep happening? When you opened the part back up, was the flat pattern now in the design tree? Does this happen every time you click to Create a Flat Pattern? Have you been able to duplicate this error on a different sheet metal part?

To me it sounds like it crashed because of your video display settings. Update the drivers to your video card, perhaps?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 5
chrisDwhite
in reply to: chad38

It would appear that I am suffering from 'self-doubt' - I tried the flat pattern on another model with no ill-effect. I am desperately trying to 'keep up to date' and I probably don't fully understand the logic behind the method. Thank you for your reply - it has certainly made me decide to 'investigate first' complain later!

Regards,

Chris.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Have you installed Service Pack 1 and Update 1 for Service Pack 1?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
gsmith9810

Chris - Its easy to doubt yourself but the truth is that we would all rather ask an expert than fumble around searching on our own. That said, you won't find a more helpful group of experts. You will find that there will often be a standard sequence of diagnostic questions everyone will want answered before diving in on a particular problem.

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report