Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 What's New

83 REPLIES 83
Message 1 of 84
jdits7
10753 Views, 83 Replies

Inventor 2014 What's New

Here is a quick rundown of What's New in Inventor 2014

http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/2013/03/inventor-2014-whats-new.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Tags (1)
83 REPLIES 83
Message 2 of 84
karthur1
in reply to: jdits7

For me..... this one is HUGE !!

2013-03-26_1151.png

Message 3 of 84
pball
in reply to: karthur1

Hmm. I know there is a copy command in assemblies which can copy constraints that exist between parts that are being copied. I love using that as it often helps putting in many groups of components without using component pattern.

Though I'm guessing this new feature is talking about the normal copy/paste operation which would be nice.

I also love the slot sketch command. Manually drawing slots is a pain and ifeatures can be nice, but having a sketch command will rock. At least I didn't spend time making a VBA script to sketch slots, like I did with the two point center rectangle, which I found out about after I made the script lol.

Message 4 of 84
jason_bush

In that list....quick sketching slots ranks way up there for me. Good stuff...ranks right up the center point rectangle addition. 😉

jbush
Message 5 of 84
karthur1

@ic198 wrote:

.. Apparently there will be an Application Option to make the first part placed into an assembly Grounded...

That's whats in the RTM version.  I wasnt real fond of the new workflow to place parts either.

Message 6 of 84
PhilSaw

Although initially it looks like a huge pain in the rear, there have been many occasions where I've started an assembly with a part created by a co-worker and found that it has been modeled on the wrong plane. The option to orientate the first grounded component would be a good way round that IMO.

Don't ask about getting colleagues to model things correctly, I've tried....

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2012
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
Intel(R) Core(TM i7-2600 CPU, Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8G RAM
Message 7 of 84
stevec781
in reply to: PhilSaw

Symetry constraints - about time - too bad we have to wait for SP1 before feeling safe to install it.

Message 8 of 84
jletcher

Well I do not see they put back my classic..

I see they added more bugs to it this should be fun.

WOW sketch slots really I have not sketched a slot in Inventor but 2 times to make my feature.

Ok so when is SP1 coming out?

Message 9 of 84
riff62
in reply to: jletcher

Wow,,how about actually using the new software before passing judgement on it.

."oh I can see how this is going to cause problems"..

Really,?..the software isnt even released yet and its starting already?...Way to be optomistic..

."bring back the Classic interface"...

*sigh*..can we all just once and for all agree that its gone and let it go?..

Message 10 of 84
jletcher
in reply to: riff62

riff62

I have no reply to you but one.

I WANT MY CLASSIC BACK.................

Message 11 of 84
jletcher
in reply to: stevec781

Steve

You may have to wait for Inventor 2030 for that. Seeing how offset constraints is the biggest no no in Inventor. I don't see me using this at all.

Message 12 of 84
ampster401

Not trying to rub you wrong James, but isn't it clear it's outta here?

What was the latest version you could revert back to the Classic menu thru Application Options?  2011?  Or was it 2012?

The version after that, you could modify the registry manually to get the classic back.

The next version, if I understood correctly, you can no longer modify the registry to use the classic menu.

I know your position James.  For myself, I've forced myself to learn it and it isn't that bad.  Extra click here or there, but I can live with it.  After all, software will always be in a state of flux and constantly changing.  Better to adapt.

When it comes to AutoCAD however, I'm sticking with the classic menu.  When I receive support calls and the client is using the ribbon interface, aka 2D drafting & annotation, I stumble quite a bit trying to figure things out.  I wish Acad had the command locator thing like Inventor does.

But to keep bringing this up version after version?  Really?

Back on topic, thanks for the link and am looking forward to the final document.

Message 13 of 84
jletcher
in reply to: ampster401

Oh you don't rub me wrong ampster you have our opinion I have mine that's what life is about.

2012 was the last time you can hack the registry but I did not do that. And I did not load 2013 to many issues with it so I just bypassed it was waiting for 2014.

And it is not about learning it and this is where everyone gets me wrong. I am for improvements but this new interface is not an improvement at all. When you add extra click you are going backwards...

LOL oh I see don't change your autocad but Inventor it is OK now that is not fair is it. LOL

And yes every release I will bring it up sorry if that upsets you..

Message 14 of 84
dane_m_steyne

Is there a release yet for Inventor 2014

Cheers

Message 15 of 84
jletcher
in reply to: dane_m_steyne

Should be in the next few weeks if my source is correct ..

Message 16 of 84
riff62

Officially released yesterday according to a post I saw  on Mod the Machine this morning...Not sure when people will start seeing it show up..

Message 17 of 84
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: riff62

I think it was just announced not released yet.

Subscription.PNG

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 18 of 84
harco

I agree with you James on the classic menus.

If you don't keep shouting then Autodesk assumes everyone agrees, accepts and is happy with the ribbon.

Keep the stick sharp and keep poking them, I doubt it will do any good, but it shows they are not putting their customers first.

There should at least be the switch option.

I use the ribbon because I realised it was going and get on fine using it.

If anyone has tried to remote desktop to Inventor running the ribbon you will know why it bothers me, it doesn't work.

We're stll on 2011 so I have the option to switch to classic.

Message 19 of 84
ampster401
in reply to: harco

+1 for the Ribbon in Inventor.

Those who don't like it can always move over to SW....

oh wait...

Message 20 of 84
jletcher
in reply to: ampster401

But not in Autocad right ampster don't want to make it hard for you in autocad....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report