Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Tube and Pipe tool won't even start

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
5814 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor 2014 Tube and Pipe tool won't even start

Good day beautiful people,

I have been using the Tube and Pipe tool on a daily basis for a few months running Inventor 2010. I recently installed Inventor Pro 2014 and it no longer works. As I click on the Tube and Pipe button, the Windows loading icon thing shows up and runs in circles until I manually stop it by closing Inventor thru the Task manager (printscreen attached). I tried this with a very light Assembly containing only 2 parts that I need to connect.

I understand this issue can have many causes and I actually don't expect a magical answer here (but who knows ?). I just posted this so this bug is now aknowledged. However, please submit to me any tip that you may find useful. Thanks in advance.

Inventor Pro 2014 64 bits / Build 170 / Release 2014 RTM

Windows 7 SP1

Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 @ 3.60 GHz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro 4000

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Good morning and welcome to the forums.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this on my machine.  Creating a pipe run seemed a little slow, but did work.  Did you verify that piping runs.iam is in your Design Data folder, or some other place in your search paths?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for your quick answer Chris. I could not verify this point since I could not even create a pipe run. I called our helpdesk as well and the lady at the phone solved my problem.

She made me open the Windows Registry and go there :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor

Then she asked me to save the key "RegistryVersion18.0" (very important in case something goes wrong) and delete it. This key contains the Inventor user settings. Deleting it will cause your settings to be reset at their default values.

After that, I could create pipes and tubes.

One more thing : after that, I also lost my Color Templates in the Color tab. So she made me click on the file containing the key "RegistryVersion18.0" in order to add it back to the registry (it does not make much sense to me but who cares, it worked). Then I went to :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0\System\Preferences

I saved the key "ColorSchemes" and deleted it.

Hope it helps !

EDIT : Since the person that helped me is not here, kudos to me, right ?

Message 4 of 14
cbenner

Wow... all that registry fixing makes it sound like something went horribly wrong during the install.

Yes, go  ahead and give yourself a big pat on the back... buy yourself a beer.

Message 5 of 14
vmcarbonneau

I had the exact same problem but your solution didn't work for me any other ideas ?

Message 6 of 14
dmsilev
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

I ran across exactly the same problem, and the Registry suggestion didn't help either. What did work, oddly enough, was to create a blank assembly, save it with a dummy name, and open up the Tube and Pipe environment inside that assembly. Then, without quitting Inventor, open up the Tube and Pipe environment inside the assembly I wanted to work with.

Odd. 

Message 7 of 14
MichaelL65
in reply to: dmsilev

That worked for me as well. Maybe that will give whoever has to troubleshoot it a clue about what went wrong.
Message 8 of 14
gabriel.kim

I had the same problem.  Interestingly, I renamed my assembly file and it worked!  give it a try.

Message 9 of 14
howardlee306
in reply to: gabriel.kim

I also had a problem while trying to run a copy of an assembly on my desktop. It had to be in any other location besides the desktop to work.
Message 10 of 14
d.rusnighi
in reply to: howardlee306

Hello,

I have the same problem.

I deleted the registry, I tried using a short file path without success.I saved the file with a  new name...

It not depends of the files ..I also tried with the tutorial files The first 'AirSystemAssy.iam' in tube and pipe

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

DR

Message 11 of 14
cbenner
in reply to: d.rusnighi

You say you have the same problem, but several problems have been mentioned in this thread.  Can you be more specific about what behavior you are seeing that you need help with?

Message 12 of 14
d.rusnighi

Hello,

this is my case: in Inventor 2014 an assembly Starting in Environments
tab-> Tube and Pipe, I create a 'Run'( I left the default name in
dialog box) and  I click OK,  
in the lower left  appears 'is Loading Presentation' (?) and I have to wait but the System does not respond. I have to kill it...

I tried also with the first tutorial file .

I tried with a short path of the data...(not in the desktop )

the project is correct..

PS: I checked the update..SP1
update 3 on Win Seven 64 .

thanks

Message 13 of 14
lesmfunk

SAVE BEFORE LAUNCHING TUBE AND PIPE!!

I forgot that the launching of tube and pipe environment is intermittent and lost some work due to having to restart Inventor.

First starting the tube and pipe in a blank assembly does work though.

Message 14 of 14
hector.andres

This solution worked for me. Is not the perfect one but at least it lets me continue with my work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report