Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Stress Analysis greyed out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hagiographa
1060 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 Stress Analysis greyed out

I have a couple of problems with Inventor 2014.  Firstly, it won't open normally.  It starts to open, but the load progress bar at the bottom stops about 3/4 of the way.  I have to 'Run as Administrator' to open it. 

Inventor2014.png

Second, I had my assembly and FEA results all complete on Friday afternoon.  I tried to open them Monday morning and my FEA environments are all greyed out.  I have tried another assembly, and still greyed out.

FEA greyed out.png

Is there a quick and easy fix to get my FEA back?

Luckily we were able to open the FEA on another machine, but why has it stopped working on mine?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: hagiographa

Make sure you have all the SP's and hot-fixes/updates installed for your product (required if you are on Win 8.0 and Win8.1). You might need to RMB on the Inventor Icon and select the "Run as Administrator" option. If that doesn't work then you may need to re-register Inventor.

Register Inventor:

1) Press [Windows] key to open Windows' start page

2) Type "cmd" to find "Command Prompt" > right mouse click on it > select "Run as administrator"

3) On "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type cd "c:\program files\autodesk\Inventor 2014\bin" > Enter

4) Type inventor /install > Enter

5) Wait for 1 min (inventor will be executed background then exit silently)

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
hagiographa
in reply to: blair

I'm running Win8.1, and I have all the updates installed.

I tried the steps blair suggested, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I forgot I had this issue after my collegue took over on his computer. 

I have been working on a new project, and the Stress Analysis has been working.  However, I have found myself in the same situation today as before.

The stress analysis has greyed out again.

Message 4 of 4
kolesaa
in reply to: hagiographa

Hi!

Collided with such a problem. Stress Analysys periodically become gray.  Is there a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report