Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
jdits7
6360 Views, 34 Replies

Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

New post about Service Pack 1 being released for Inventor 2014, http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/2013/09/inventor-2014-service-pack-1.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
cwhetten
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris,

Attached is the info on Uc.dll.  The user did a repair install, but the service pack installation still fails with the same error, on the same file (Uc.dll).

I uninstalled my SP1 (hopefully that wasn't a big mistake), then sent him my Uc.dll, but it didn't help.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 22 of 35
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: cwhetten

Cameron,

That UC.dll is from one of the updates. Are you both on the same update level before installing the SP? You'd need to be...

At this stage, I'd suggest that you uninstall any updates that ou have installed & then ensure you are runnig the original release version, build 170. Then install SP1. It includes everythign that went in to update 1 & 2.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 35
smilinger

Hi chrismitchell01, the update process never starts, I just double-click the SP1 patch and it show me the error message. I have also tried to repair Inventor and nothing difference.

Message 24 of 35
ChrisMitchell01

Do you mean the error message you first posted ?

"This patch package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

That usually results if you do not have a good download. Have you tried downloading the SP1 .msp file again?

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 25 of 35
smilinger

Yes, I have downloaded it many times.

Message 26 of 35
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: smilinger

Can you let me know the exact URL you used to download it, please ? I guess it could be a corrupted source download.

Other things to try:

1. Ensure that the MS windows updates are all current on your computer, especially anything that relates to windows installer, (msi).

2. If you open a cmd prompt window & type msiexec - what info do you see on screen ? All of my win7 machines have Windows Installer V 5.0.7601.17514.

3. Ensure you have full admin rights

4. Switch off your virus s/w

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 27 of 35
mharrisrp
in reply to: jdits7

I installed SP1 for 2014 today and now every time I go to open a file the "open dialog box" only shows folders and no files. I tried several different locations and changing files of type has no effect. The only way I can open files is by double clicking our dragging in. Is anyone else having this issue?
Message 28 of 35
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: mharrisrp

Hi,

We haven't heard of this issue to-date. Cna you provide any further info about your h/w setup ? OS ?

• Does this happens on all drives or only with specific drives, network drives ?
  • Does Parameter > Link > open dialog works?
  • Does a different Windows account or Reboot make a difference ?
  • Does the Standalone Project editor from Windows’ start menu or "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Ipj.exe" work properly ?
  • I assume other applications (AutoCAD, NotePad, Excel) work fine?
  • Also, try signing off & exiting from A360 then try it again

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 29 of 35
mharrisrp

False alarm. Just needed a reboot. Sorry about that. Weird issue though. Running Windows 8. Install initially failed and needed to reinstall and than the issue was across all applications including windows explorer. Thinking explorer probably crashed and caused the problem. Thanks for the reply.
Message 30 of 35
bryanindustries

I am having the same issue with the UC.dll update in SP1. I have a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro. I downloaded inventor 2014, installed it (standalone, no serial) and when i run it i get an error statingthat the application was unable to start.  

When installing SP1 I get Error 1328 while patching UC.dll.

• I haven't modified the helpids.xml file. 
  • I tried repairing the install then rebooting then installing SP1
  • I tried installing Pro and normal versions.

Any ideas?

Tim

Message 31 of 35

Can you please provide the file properties info for your Uc.dll file ? Assuming this is for 64bit & you only installed the release candiate prior to trying to install SP1 then you should see these properties:

Size on disk: 9.05MB (9,490,432 bytes)

File version: 10.0.17000.0

Is that what you have ?

Sen me an email & I can send you the release version of that dll file to try.

Thanks

Chris

chris.mitchell@autodesk.com

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 32 of 35
Noled

I'm having the same problem with the startup of Inventor 2014, however, I've learned that I need to upgrade to SP1 ..., but, still having the same problem that have been reported, and cannot, or initialize the software, much less update it.

Here is a picture of the error I get.

Windows 8.1 - x64

Message 33 of 35
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Noled

Can you please confirm the file version details for Uc.dll that you have on disk ? If it has file version details that do not match what the SP1 installer is expecting, then you won't be able to install the SP1. The released version of that file was 18.0.17000.0.

What 2014 versions & updates have you previously installed & from where ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 34 of 35
Noled

Hello Chris !
Thank you for your attention.

Well, as I needed urgently to resolve this problem, I made several attempts, and after trying to repair the installation, uninstall and install again, in one of these attempts, I finally managed to solve the problem.

The first thing I did when the error appears, was replace the uc.dll out with a version that won't suffer changes, ie, it does not present error because it would not need to patch that file. And it worked in this file! However, the error appeared in another .dll. I repeated the process again, and once again, the same error in another .dll.

Well, as those changes was working, I took all the .dll files from the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin and C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Bin32 (.dll files only) already updated to SP1 version , and replaced in the installation folder where the update was not made.

Solved the problem! I could apply the update to SP1 and also update 2 .

I'm sure this is not the correct way , but was it worked!

Thanks again!

Regards.

Message 35 of 35
maciej.proszewski
in reply to: Noled

Hello

I am having exact same problem as Noled but i cant clearly understand how did he manage to get it working.

After 1328 error with uc.dll while patching sp1 i extracted uc.dll from sp1 .msp file and replaced it in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin and tried again. Problem persisted. I checked log file and saw that patching program checks also files in DVD where inventor.msi is located. So i replaced uc.dll in DVD .iso file but I don't know how sp1 doesn't want to patch uc.dll...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report