Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 SP2 issue with Change Size... command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamieVJohnson2
398 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2014 SP2 issue with Change Size... command

I've just updated to Inventor 2014 SP2 and tested the Change Size... command.  Here are the results:

1. a new part created post install of SP2 runs the Change Size... command as expected.

2. an existing part created pre SP2 (even one created yesterday on SP1), the Change Size commmand runs, selected sizes, and then press OK, or Apply, and nothing happens.

I've tried rebooting (twice), making sure the files are 'checked out', and not 'read only' (which shouldn't really be an issue).  I'm getting the idea that SP2 is putting something into the file, that makes it more stable, but without an SP2 version of that file, it does not work with it (at all).  I can still add new SP2 content into my old assembly and change size the new parts, but not the old parts within the assembly file.  Talk about your deal stopper.  I don't recommend this update to anybody until this issue is resolved.

jvj

jvj
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Update, I can use change size to change the length of the shape (tube steel 2x2x1/4 x 27" to 22") but not the size (tube steel 2x2x1/4 to 3x3x1/4)

jvj
Message 3 of 4

Well folks, I still have the problem but our fine support staff at Autodesk looked into it, and we weeded out it being a direct result of Service Pack 2.  My older assemblies have several parts that do change size, and a few (the ones that I tested earlier) that do not.  They are able to reproduce the issue on their end, so there will be some investigation into why in the near future.

I am now going to install Service Pack 2 onto all our computers in my office.

Thank you,

jvj
Message 4 of 4

Jamie,

Can you please let me know who you spoke to about this, so that I can follow up further ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report