Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Release date??

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
mcgyvr
3388 Views, 43 Replies

Inventor 2014 Release date??

Any news on 2014 release date yet?

I'm antsy and gutsy this year since I skipped 2013 this time around.  I don't need no stinking service pack 1 Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44
blair
in reply to: JamesLovell

It took about 3 hrs to download from home without any problems. It would have been quicker at work.

All 35.9Gb of it.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 22 of 44
JamesLovell
in reply to: blair

lucky you! 🙂

slow.jpg

I've currently got 1Mb/s 😞

fancy supplying me a private link!? 😄

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 23 of 44
JamesLovell

Oh 🙂 thats better... got an email saying my media has been shipped 🙂

Regards,

James Lovell
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Message 24 of 44
camilo.lemos

Hi all, 

We are aware of the very slow download speeds as well as interruptions when downloading certain products. Our Subscription Center and download teams are looking into this as a top priority.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 25 of 44
mcgyvr
in reply to: camilo.lemos

@camilo.lemos wrote:

Hi all, 

We are aware of the very slow download speeds as well as interruptions when downloading certain products. Our Subscription Center and download teams are looking into this as a top priority.

Best regards,

tell them to fix the "Install Now" dropdown box too.. When I try to expand it to select "Download" I have to use the scroll bar because anything in the dropdown is below the screen.. Then you pull the scroll bar down and the dropdown box closes.. It is impossible for me to select "download"..

see attached picture..

edit...I was able to hack the pages css locally with firebug and expand the maindiv section to allow me to select download.. Of course I also figured out that I can't use the mouse to pull the scroll bar down but can acces the button if I use the arrow keys to cause the window to scroll.  I think if they just set overflow x to auto the problem would be solved instead of hidden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 26 of 44
JamesLovell
in reply to: mcgyvr

download.jpg
@mcgyvr wrote:

@camilo.lemos wrote:

Hi all, 

Best regards,

tell them to fix the "Install Now" dropdown box too.. When I try to expand it to select "Download" I have to use the scroll bar because anything in the dropdown is below the screen.. Then you pull the scroll bar down and the dropdown box closes.. It is impossible for me to select "download"..

see attached picture..

It works fine here 😕

Using Chrome

Regards,

James Lovell
Message 27 of 44
-niels-

@mcgyvr wrote:

Then you pull the scroll bar down and the dropdown box closes.. It is impossible for me to select "download"..

see attached picture..

I had that problem too, i managed to get to the other options by using the arrow keys while keeping my cursor in the dropdown box...

Keeping reasonable speed and proper resuming using "DownThemAll" download manager addin in Firefox. (~500kb/s).

Other people already came asking if i was downloading anything cause the internet was so slow...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 28 of 44
mcgyvr

@jameslovell4987 wrote:
download.jpg
m

It works fine here 😕

Using Chrome

Yes but I have way more programs in my list (and on subscription) than you.

We have AutoCAD Inventor Pro, Inventor Routed Systems, Algor sim, Inventor Pro, and Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate in my list and the dialog box is only 500px fixed height with overflow x hidden.

Message 29 of 44
mcgyvr

Crap.. And now the download manager just starts to run.. says "repairing" then closes.. Time to try another way. Lets try browser download..

Downloading now (started 8:35am..)... Its going pretty FAST.. But we have a really fast internet connection here..

oh screw it..I'll just wait.. got about 30% done then the downloads just stopped and said they were finished..

Message 30 of 44
SeanFarr

Seems good from here up in Northern Ontario Canada! gotta love FibreOP!

download.png

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 31 of 44
mcgyvr
in reply to: SeanFarr

Now its working.. 17-21 Mb/s (take that FibreOP)... Wonder why it shows 13.4G in the list but download manager shows 36.2G.. 

2014 dload.PNG

Message 32 of 44
DarrenP

if you did broswer download it would be 13 gigs total since you are doing download now its extracting the 4 .exe files at the same time its downloading thats why it showing 36 gigs

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 33 of 44
mcgyvr
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

if you did broswer download it would be 13 gigs total since you are doing download now its extracting the 4 .exe files at the same time its downloading thats why it showing 36 gigs

I guess that makes sense.. Didn't think it would do the extracting automatically... seems kind of silly though.. Why not simply have the manager download the same 4 zipped parts and let the extracing take place on the local machine.. No wonder there are bandwidth issues. 

Message 34 of 44
DarrenP

its actually faster doing download now compared to broswer download

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 35 of 44
mcgyvr
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

its actually faster doing download now compared to broswer download

It better be..Its 3 times the data.

Message 36 of 44
autocad.phil
in reply to: camilo.lemos

It's going much faster now... all 3 big files are coming in full-speed at 45 to 59 Mb/s (the timer/browser says it will take another 25 minutes).  Thanks

--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 37 of 44
autocad.phil
in reply to: autocad.phil

Ok..I have successfully downloaded all 3 big files (no download problems) 🙂

The interesting part is this morning it hit me with all 3 files at the same time (it asked me where to save these 3 files). Yesterday it only asked about the first (one) file only and it later crashed.

Will install the new suite later this afternoon after our clients/customers leaves our office.

Thanks.

--
Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2019 | Perpetual + Subscription
Message 38 of 44
SeanFarr

Wow that is fast!

Anybody down in the Kansas area on Google fibre? interested in seeing what speeds it can reach..

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 39 of 44
JamesLovell

Well, i give up... i left it last night with 4 hours to go.. thismorning there was an error!!! only option was to re-start... again! 

Regards,

James Lovell
Message 40 of 44
mcgyvr

Now where are my serial numbers... Smiley Mad

Guess I'll just register for a "trial" till the Autodesk serial number department catches up with the product release department..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report