Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Open from Vault Locks up

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JKFarmerMold
861 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2014 Open from Vault Locks up

Greetings,

I have been using Inventor 2014 for a few weeks now with no real issues. Earlier last week I ran into a problem where I try to open a file from Vault, normally a Vault file browser window would open and I can check out a file, but for some reason that particular window is not showing causing my Inventor to lock up. If i do Alt-F4 I am able to access Inventor again but I am still unable to checkout any files. I have also gone through most of the options on the prompts and tried all sorts of combinations to either surpass that initial window or to have it show up again but nothing has worked. If anyone has any ideas I appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mdavis22569
in reply to: JKFarmerMold

Are all the server and local machine patches/updates installed? Maybe you have 1 less ...or 1 more than installed. Have you migrated the files? Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
JKFarmerMold
in reply to: mdavis22569

I am unsure about the patches. Is there a way I can check to see if Im matching or missmatching?

Message 4 of 8
mdavis22569

Go to Control Panel, Programs Installed and check for what updates are installed for Vault 2014. Depending on your version, there are 3 DL22258964 DL21995541 Vault 2014 SP1

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
JKFarmerMold

According to my computer I have DL21901957 and that was installed last September, long before I started to use the computer that I'm on.
Message 6 of 8
mdavis22569

Then you'll want to add the missing too ..especially SP1

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
JKFarmerMold

Sorry, that number was for Inventor. I have SP1 installed for Vault 2014
Message 8 of 8
JKFarmerMold

Looks like I fixed it. I had Switched around my Display settings and the window was opening off the screen. So if anyone else has a simular problem do Alt-Space - hit "m" this will allow the active window to be moved and use the arrow keys to move the screen so that you are able to see it again.  Also if you are using an nVidia card, right click and go into the nView Desktop manager, and under the windows manager section check the box that prevents windows from opening off-screen. This will prevent most future issues.

Thank you for all the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report