Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 - Graphic Issues

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
matthew2016
2582 Views, 17 Replies

Inventor 2014 - Graphic Issues

I have 5 computers with different NVIDIA graphic cards all having the same problem.

NVIDIA Quadro 2000

NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800

NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800

We are using the Recommended/Certified Driver 276.42 [8.17.12.7642]

And I've tried a few others, but still having issues.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I have tried all Graphic Settings:

Quality

Performance

Compatibility

And even checked the "Software graphics"

Please let me know if there is a solution and/or if anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,

Matthew Tanner

Valveworks USA

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
rhasell
in reply to: matthew2016

Hi Matthew

You  don't tell us what the problem is?

Is it perhaps the yellow line down the center? If that is the case then it looks likes an Axis. Just switch off it's visibility (It might be an origin Axis)

Hope this solves your problem.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 18
matthew2016
in reply to: rhasell

Thanks,

But the Axis line is fine. The issue is in the first picture to the left where it should appear to be sectioned, but instead it's like you can see through the part. Then in the second the stem's threads should have a quarter section, but instead you can see through to the back of the threads. Other times parts will disappear altogether when zooming in and out. When working in large assembles parts will disappear when orbiting, applying constrains, and driving constrains. This makes it difficult to see the relationships between parts as we design. 

Message 4 of 18
matthew2016

Here are a few other shots:

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Message 5 of 18
danielw88

Are any of your parts surface parts? It could explain, in some areas, why you are only seeing a 'skin' of the part with a void where you would expect material to be.

Message 6 of 18
matthew2016
in reply to: danielw88

No surface parts. All models
Message 7 of 18
tsreagan

This happens to me on every single section I have ever cut and rendered since 2011.

T.S.

Message 8 of 18
spackle42
in reply to: tsreagan

I can't claim to see this in every section I've done, but this does seem to be a common glitch.  I've found that in my case it mostly occurs if I section, then modify one of my parts. If I cancel the section and then redefine it again after the modification, it often clears up.  Not a solution, but a possible workaround to try.

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 @ 3.20GHz
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 9 of 18
matthew2016
in reply to: spackle42

Justin thanks for the reply. It's the same in my case, but we modify and replace parts so much that I'm redefining my section 50 times a day and/or changing the graphic setting seems to fix it momentarily. I need a solution not a workaround.
Message 10 of 18
blair

I have seen the same thing as well. Hollow looking parts in the "Section/Slice view. Seen it on IV2103 as well

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 18
spackle42
in reply to: blair

Looks like this has been an issue for some time.  Doesn't look like AD have any interest in dealing with it either, the response has been to blame the video drivers.

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 12 of 18
4donwan4

Hard to say what’s causing the issue. Here are some suggestions that might help.
Application options hardware tab try lowering the settings here. If you have a 3D connecxion mouse please try uninstalling the drivers. See how inventor reacts with the sections, and then try reinstalling newer drivers for device. Also try removing any other custom add-in that you may have loaded.
Something else to check would be the video card driver, I realized you mentioned this prior but just make sure it’s certified for the machine. The link is below.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Regards,

Don

Message 13 of 18
spackle42
in reply to: 4donwan4

I think it's deeper than just the drivers Don.  Currently I'm not running certified drivers (Quadro driver 320.00, 9.18.13.2000), but even when I was, this glitch was still occuring.  The hardware was purchased because it was explicitly certified for Autodesk.  Admittedly, I've only been using IV for about a year (Creo prior), but across 2013 and 2014 this has bug been fairly constant and the forums seem to indicate that that it was present in earlier versions as well.

Justin Smith

Inventor Pro 2015 SP1
HP Z400 Workstation
12Gb RAM
Win 7 64 Pro SP1
Spacepilot Pro v3.17.4
Message 14 of 18
dan_inv09
in reply to: 4donwan4

I don't think it's Mathew's drivers, or a 3D Connecxion mouse - which many of us do not have.

There are many who are experiencing these problems - there are other threads about this.

Even blair, one our most helpful contributors, chimed in with a "Yeah, it's been doing that." sort of response. We have to assume that the simple things have all been tried.

Maybe someone with fresh data set that consistently shows it can send you the files.

We wouldn't want to post anything proprietary, but it might take some work to develop something generic that does it.

It seems threads or other textures might contribute in some way.

Maybe just overlapping parts [screw at major diameter/hole at minor diameter].

It might need to be more than a certain number of parts - does someone have an example where just two will do it?

Message 15 of 18
kwilson_design
in reply to: dan_inv09

Yea this issue has been around for at least the past couple of IV versions..Unfortunately.

The "band-aid fix" I've found is by double LMB clicking one of the components while in any section view, or select Part Priority and select one of the components to enable it. Now click Return to get back into the assembly file. Your components should now look correct while in section views. At least that method works for me 90% of the time.

renderissue1.jpg

renderissue2.jpg

renderissue3.jpg

IMHO I really don't think it's a driver issue as I swear I've been a poster child for NVidia drivers over the years Smiley Tongue. I use a Space Pilot Pro 3D mouse that has the latest driver installed. Updating drivers has never fixed this issue no matter if it's a "Certified" ADSK driver or not. Besides what ADSK recommends as its Certified driver is different than what NVidia will list on their site as the ADSK Certified driver, depending on GPU model of course. My opinion on drivers and IV, use the one that causes you the least amount of headaches. Smiley LOL

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 16 of 18

Hi all of you,

First thing you should do when encountering these problems is to look for which GPU inv. Is using. If you have an Processor with integrated GPU chip on it (Intel HD 2000, 3000 or 4000) there is your problem. Although you've pointed Inv. to use the nVidia Quadro (or Geforce) card, somehow it won't work that way. Inv. still uses the integrated GPU chip on your processor, with all such kind of problems.

If you're able to turn of the integrated GPU chip in your BIOS most problems probably will be solved. If your BIOS won't let you do that, than you have to stick on the readmes file which says to use the integrated GPU chip to avoid graphic problems. With other words throw away your fine Quadro GPU and use the integrated one...

After switching to the Intel GPU, you have to use the performance setting instead of the Quality setting. It's a pity, because I would like to take advantage of the Quality setting (higher Anti Aliasing = smoother lines). But that's how it works.

This problem occurs with Inv.2012, 2013 and 2014. (other releases I didn't test).

Please let me know if switching to performance setting on the integrated GPU will "solve" it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certified Professional
Message 17 of 18
hshorst

Matthew,

Did you ever find a satisfactory solution for this issue?  I'm still seeing graphics anomolies with 2014 SP1a on nVidia cards.  Have you tried running with express graphics turned off?  That is my next thing to try.

Thanks,

Steve

Message 18 of 18
matthew2016
in reply to: hshorst

Never got a satisfactory solution, but did get some very good advice. I will try running with express graphics turned off to see if that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report