Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

130 REPLIES 130
Message 1 of 131
aslevins
117569 Views, 130 Replies

Inventor 2014 Error 0xC0000142 on Windows 8

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Inventor 2014 5 or 6 times and I am still recieving the error code 0xC0000142 upon start up.  I also have AutoCAD installed, which starts up fine.

Error Log:

<System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-08-06T04:17:38.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>57992</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Andrew-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>

<EventData>
  <Data>Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>18.0.17000.0</Data>
  <Data>512fe9d7</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.3.9431.0</Data>
  <Data>51bd0a54</Data>
  <Data>e06d7363</Data>
  <Data>0000000000006aac</Data>
  <Data>217c</Data>
  <Data>01ce925be255dd0e</Data>
  <Data>D:\Files\Programs\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>20365b99-fe4f-11e2-befd-3085a9991555</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
130 REPLIES 130
Message 2 of 131
sam_m
in reply to: aslevins

Welcome to the forum 😄

do you have Win8.1?  I think I've read problems with Inventor and windows 8.1...

http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/windows-81-preview-autodesk-inventor-warning/

I can't remember seeing anything official from AD though, but I think the system requirements still states Windows 8 and not 8.1. 

Did you install in the recommended way?

Admin account

Anti Virus turned off

UAC turned off

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 131
aslevins
in reply to: sam_m

I, being the nerd that i am, do have 8.1.

Message 4 of 131
g_petkov

Yes, that's right- the system requirements say "Windows 8" and not "Windows 8.1". But, gentlemen from Autodesk, remember, that October 18 is coming and all windows 8 OSes will turn into Windows 8.1 and then - if all your Inventor customers fail to open their app, doomsday will come for Autodesk, if you haven't come up until then with the proper patch!

Message 5 of 131
mcgyvr
in reply to: g_petkov

Windows 8 customers will have two years to move to Windows 8.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 131
g_petkov

No, some of us won't have 2 years. You see, Autodesk is not the axis, around which the world turns. Large companies like ours draw the decision to upgrade to Windows 8.1 based on other software experience than Autodesk products. The workstations running Autodesk Inventor are far less than 1% of all the computers in our company...

Message 7 of 131
chucksavatsky
in reply to: g_petkov

Hi,

We have a fix for this in our upcoming service pack (SP1) of Inventor 2014.  It is now in the final stages of testing and should be out in the near future.  If you are interested in getting access to a fix immediately, please sign up for our Inventor 2014 SP1 Release Candidate Beta and download the software.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Regards,

Chuck Savatsky
Director Software Development Inventor
Autodesk
Message 8 of 131
g_petkov

Thank you. This is the answer I was expecting!

Message 9 of 131
aslevins
in reply to: chucksavatsky

Could you post a link to where we can access the beta?

Message 10 of 131
chucksavatsky

Hi,

Below is the email that went out when we recruited users of Inventor 2014 to participate in our SP1 validation program.

At the end is a link to the beta site.  Please keep in mind that if we make any additional changes before releasing SP1, you will need to uninstall this release candidate before being able to install the final SP1 release.

---------------------------------------

We have currently finalized SP1 for release in the near future. The 400+ fixes included, should bring you increased stability prior to the final release & also provide us the opportunity, through CIP & CER, to further validate our fixes. Both Inventor SP1 & InventorView SP1 are available.

We hope that you are willing to partner with us in your adoption of this beta; these efforts should enhance your overall satisfaction with Inventor 2014 and will ultimately help us improve the quality for everyone. The SP1 RC is fully supported for use within your production environment, all you need to do is install it and continue to conduct your normal everyday work, (note the caveat below).  It should also be noted that the SP1 RC includes every released hotfix, including fixes made within Update1 & Update2; therefore no hotfix/update installation prerequisites are required.

CAVEAT - PLEASE NOTE: SP1 includes a change to the way that the cloud-based Inventor Optimization is authenticated; this relies on back-end functionality which will not be available until after September 16th, when the final SP1 is released. If you currently use Inventor Optimization, DO NOT install this SP1 RC & wait for the final release instead.

As this is a release candidate build we ask that you refrain from using this beta project to re-report legacy problems or enhancement requests, and instead shift your focus towards identifying only critical issues which should be addressed prior to final SP1 release. We encourage your continued use of CIP & the submission of CERs since the data you submit greatly aides us in understanding & addressing product issues.  Please understand that this SP1 RC may not address every issue or crash you may have previously encountered while using Inventor 2014.

The link below will register you in the Autodesk Customer Feedback Programs website where you will be able to login and download Autodesk Inventor 2014 SP1 RC after completing a brief sign-up survey. You will be able to review the issues addressed, & discuss critical issues in a discussion forum.

Yes, I wish to participate in the Inventor 2014 SP1 RC Beta

Regards,

Chuck Savatsky
Director Software Development Inventor
Autodesk
Message 11 of 131
apf246

The link you posted isn't realley working anymore. It is just said, the final SP1 is coming soon.
Does anybody know a date for the SP1 or where/how to get the Inventor 2014 SP1 RC? I'm kind of lost, because I really need inventor running under windows 8.1 ...
thanks alot
Message 12 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: apf246

Please retry that link now. It was timebound to expire yesterday but I've extended it until tomorrow.

The current plan is to release the final SP1 within a week from now, but the version there should help with your win8.1 issues.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 131
apf246
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thank you for the quick reply. With SP1 Inventor 2014 starts on windows 8.1. But now I got another problem: For our workshop I need inventor files in 2011 format. So is there any chance to backport the windows 8.1 fix to inventor 2011?
Message 14 of 131
ChrisMitchell01

My current understanding is that we'll announce support for Inventor 2014 on win8.1 with the upcoming release of SP1.

Pre-2014 releases will not be supported on win8.1. Sorry if this is not the news you were expecting.

How much of an issue is this going to be ?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 131
Hasu0bs

I am having the same problems with Windows 8.1 but unfortunately the Link you posted is dead. Could you please enable it once again? Thank you 🙂

Message 16 of 131
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Hasu0bs

Hi,

I enabled that link temporarily. The final SP1 will be released by the end of today, but if you really need it then you can get it from that link, under downloads. Note that you'll have to complete a quick survey before you can download though, which is really aimed at those who have been beta testing the SP1 for us, so it might seem a bit strange to you 🙂

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 131

Hi, is SP1 out now? Ran into this issue and don't want to make a full downgrade to windows 7 just for a few days.
Message 18 of 131

Hi,

Yes, Sp1 has now been released - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22322619&linkID=9242019

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 131
tranttina2

hi every body! I have problem with winNc(simulate CNC), when i instal win8.1, i can't run WinNC, help me!!!

Message 20 of 131
danilio_cs

Olá, tenho uma conta de estudante da Autodesk e instalei o Inventor 2013 no meu computador quem já tem o Windows 8.1, mas quando eu tento abrir o Inventor ou  Invetor Fusion eles apresentam esse erro, 0xC0000142.

Queria informações sobre como resolve-lo, já que necessito do software e os outros programas quem vem junto funcionam (Design Review, Vault Basic e DWG)

Agradeço antecipadamente.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report