Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Editing Hatch Window off-screen on Dual Monitors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JOLLYAL
605 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2014 Editing Hatch Window off-screen on Dual Monitors

Info:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2ghz

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K4000

Monitors: Dual Asus 24" 1920x1080

Memory: 16gb

GPU Control Panel: Nvidia Version 331.65 for Quadro K4000

Autodesk Platform: Product Design Suite 2014

When I section a view and edit the hatches, the 'Edit Hatch Pattern' window always opens off-screen.  I have changed the settings in the GPU control panel to have everything open on the last window, but this window will not abide.  I move the window to the Inventor window (monitor 2), but it will re-open back to monitor 1 in the exact same position every time.  Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a fix where this window will open within the Inventor window?  The 'Edit Hatch Pattern' window seems to be the only window that does this in Inventor.  Attached is a screencap of the issue.  The window opens in the same place each time.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k @3.7ghz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P4000
Monitors: Dual Asus 24" 1920x1080
Memory: 32gb
GPU Control Panel: Nvidia Version 451.77 for Quadro P4000
Autodesk Platform: Product Design and Manufacturing Collection 2021
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cwhetten
in reply to: JOLLYAL

I see the same behavior--no matter where I move the window, it always appears in the same spot.  But I use Inventor on my main monitor, so it isn't an inconvenience for me (and I never even noticed it before now).

I suspect that the developers either left out some functionality that allows the dialog to remember its previous postition, or they hard-coded it to always appear in the same spot.

I doubt there is anything you can do about it, although maybe one of the developers will see this post and offer some advice.

Cameron Whetten

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IV2014 Pro SP1, Build 222; Vault Basic 2014 Update 1
Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1; Intel Xeon Duo @2.40 GHz, 9 GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1024 MB GDDR5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report