Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 DWG will not Check In to Vault

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
sebgonz
8824 Views, 66 Replies

Inventor 2014 DWG will not Check In to Vault

I am having issues getting my .dwg files to check back in to Vault Basic. I can get all different types of files (.iam .ipt .idw) to check in without issues, but .dwg files hang and Inventor will eventually lock up.

I've tried disabling Visualization and I still cannot make it past this point. I can even tell it to check in everything at once, and it will breeze through the other files but any .dwgs will hang. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My PC Config:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB RAM

Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

I'm running Product Design Suite 2014

My PC Config:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Running Product Design Suite 2014
66 REPLIES 66
Message 61 of 67

Thank you Chris, it helped us a lot!!

radu

Message 62 of 67
rfennell
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I'm having this issue in 2018.  I don't see this file on my machine... could it be on the server?  Hopefully there is another way because I have to modify a file then copy the design so this is really inconvenient... and our IT guy is really hard to get in touch with.  O_o

Message 63 of 67
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: rfennell

Yes - those steps relate to the vault server not the clients.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 64 of 67

We are having this same issue with Vault Basic 2018.  No AC$ files on the server to move/delete.  Hangs when checking in a .dwg.  Has there ever been a fix for when there aren't any AC$ files to remove?  Thanks.

Message 65 of 67
rfennell
in reply to: glenn_tucker

I did get it fixed but can't remember how... I'm sure it's in my email
though... I'll try to get the answer to you today or tomorrow 🙂
Message 66 of 67
rmacaulay75
in reply to: rfennell

were you able find the resolution you were looking for?

Message 67 of 67

I would recommend the following on your Vault server.   Perform an iisreset /stop through a command prompt.   The person doing this must have server admin rights.   Create a dumbing folder somewhere and copy the content of c:\windows\temp to this dumb folder.   Next delete all files and folders in the windows temp.   From there perform iisreset /start.   Test again.    If it works delete the content of that dumb folder created earlier.   May want to inform your users Vault will be down for a few minutes

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report