Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Back Save???

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
5085 Views, 24 Replies

Inventor 2014 Back Save???

Hi,

I am currently in a bit of a pickle.

I use Inventor 2014 at work and that is fine. However, when I am in college, any college work I do at work cannot be opened because the college use Inventor 2011.

Does anybody know how I may be able to back save or even save the part & assemblies in a way which is compatible with both versions.

I understand that there is a part tree for each assembly but I'm not particularly bothered if I have to re-assign all of the separate parts every time I open the assembly.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

I'm surprised that Autodesk does not offer multiple versions for students as this seems to come up quite frequently.. 

IMO Autodesk should have 4 versions of Inventor available to students all the time. 

Something like this?

Versions.png  screen capture from the student community minutes ago.

....maybe if there were more than 3 instructors world-wide who could give the students advisement.

Of course, considering that most are now on Win 8.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 22 of 25
wilkhui
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

Here's the response I had about the student license, which is in line with what you said about it not being for institutional use:

"Student licenses are free and can be downloaded from the EDU Community website and installed on personal computers. Institutional licenses have historically been sold to schools and installed on lab computers. The best solution here would be if the school were to upgrade to 2014."

Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 25
wilkhui
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

I just heard about this site, Autodesk Software for Institutions, have you already come across it?

"Autodesk provides free* educational licenses for software to qualified educational institutions in certain regions or associated with our partner programs."

Thanks,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: wilkhui

Hi All,

Just to let you know it sort of worked in the end.

I saved the separate parts as STEP files and then I managed to open up the 'old versions' and then 'save copy as' to update the drawing to 2011 format.

I lost the assembly but I was only part way through that anyway as it is a working progress so that never took too long to re-do.

Thank you everybody for your help and advice.
Message 25 of 25
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Thats really good to know. Thank you for letting us know it worked. Now I know what to do for future reference.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report