Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Danielpare
385 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013

Hi,

i've search but didn't found a real answer, only found out-of-date post.

So... we are currently running autodes inventor 11  yes i know we're late... but now we change everything for inventor 2013 pro. we open daily big assembly with more than 40 000+ item assembly. we really need blazing fast machine.

here's the config we are checking. we are looking for 7 computer like this.

Alienware aurora

i7-3930 6core 12mb cache 4.1 ghz

win 7 pro 64 bits

32 gb ram DDR3 1600mhz

256 gb SSD disk

4GB GTX 690

VS

E5-2630, 2.3GHz, 15M

Win7 pro 64 bit

32 gb ram  ddr3 1600mhz

256 gb SSD disk

2.5GB NVIDIA® Quadro® 5000

so except the "base" of the machine, and CPU + graphic card those machine are very similar

is really worth paying more ? i can put raid 0 SSD with the alienware, i'll be even faster.

i think the alienware will be faster, is it true ?

now with the direct x and opengl, workstation card are still a must like before ?

thanks a lot, if you have suggestion i'll be happy to get them 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Danielpare

I use SSD drives in RAID0 for my work and home units as the files are stored locally. This makes for faster loading of Inventor as well as the models.

If the data is stored on a network, the only real benefit from fast drives is the loading of Inventor and other programs. A number of people are moving from Quado cards to fast gaming cards because of Inventor now being a D3D/DirectX11 program. I used to run all Quadro cards and have switched to fast gaming cards. I just ordered up components for a new machine at work using the GTX690 card.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Danielpare

hi,

thank you for the answer.   my collegue think that raid 0 SSD is overkill, i think not, but dell doesn't offer the choice so... i 'll have to do it myself or not at all.

we use a plm software, that copy file locally when we check them in. so fast hdd is a must. for files AND apps.

thank you

Message 4 of 4
eljoseppo

Hi Daniel,

which videocard did u choose?

GTX 690 is dualcore as far as I know. Does Inventor need/can use the second core?

Now the latest GPU is 780. does enyone have experience with this cards?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report