Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 ribbon freezes when checking in

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
darren.stewart
514 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2013 ribbon freezes when checking in

Does anyoune else have this problem?

If you make alterations to a model, and then switch to vault menu, your model is red with an asterix (requires saving). If you click check in on this, you get the message that it needs saving, click ok. It appears that it has worked but all the buttons on the toolbar are frozen. if you click the big I all the ribbon greys out and you need to restart Inventor. The only button that still works is Suite Workflows.

I have SP1.1 installed as well as the vault hot fix. 

Any ideas?

ds
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Dean
in reply to: darren.stewart

If you are running with a 3D space mouse, then download the latest driver from the following solution:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13647537&linkID=9242018

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that Jon, but not running a 3D mouse. Darren [cid:image001.jpg@01CDC8B5.F2AA5F60] improving technology... OSBIT Power Ltd Broomhaugh House, Riding Mill Northumberland, NE44 6EG, UK T +44 (0) 1434 682 505 E-mail: darren.stewart@osbitpower.com Web: www.osbitpower.comThis e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the named addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this e-mail and please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail. Please then delete this transmission and any copies from your system. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from viruses, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient must ensure that they are in fact virus free. ________________________________ OSBIT Power Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4091038 having its registered office at Broomhaugh House, Riding Mill Northumberland, NE44 6EG, UK. CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. ATTENTION: This e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free from any virus, or other defect, which may affect any system into which they are received or opened. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and to check that they will not adversely affect its system(s) and data. OSBIT Power Ltd. accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from their receipt, opening or use.
ds
Message 4 of 6
Jon.Dean

OK, if that is the case then try resetting the ribbon by right clicking on the ribbon , selecting "Ribbon Appearance" and "Reset Ribbon".

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 5 of 6
darren.stewart
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Jon, 

I tried that and then followed the steps in my first post with the same results, all the ribbon buttons grey out.

ds
Message 6 of 6
Jon.Dean

It looks to me that you have a Dialog Box open in the background; behind your main Inventor window. This would be the reason why your Ribbon is frozen.

Try installing the latest Certified graphics driver from the following location:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Jon.

Jon Dean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report