Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 "cyclical constraint depency"

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
caldun
1168 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor 2013 "cyclical constraint depency"

Just upgraded to 2013 about a week ago. Random part files seem to be giving me the same error message "A cyclical constraint dependency has been detected." Some of these parts are ones that worked fine in 2012 and some are ones that I created in 2013 and worked fine for a while, but then started giving me the error later on.

Is there any word on a work around for this or is there a hot fix coming out for this soon?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
trumpy81
in reply to: caldun

Caldun, the good news is that hopefully a fix is on it's way. SP1 is in beta and with any luck it will address these problems.

I haven't seen any cyclic constraint dependency errors, but I have had a lot of broken constraints in both assemblies and sketches.

In the meantime, the only solution is to delete or edit/repair broken constraints.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 3 of 13
rhasell
in reply to: trumpy81

Is this the same error?

I have this issue on one of my assemblies.

It only rears it's head when editing any part / assy with the GA. If I open the individual assemblies, there is no problem, so I can't find the offending part.

UPDATE - INTERNAL ERROR.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 13
trumpy81
in reply to: rhasell

Reg, I certainly haven't seen that error message before. It could well be related to the issues I have been having but I can't say for sure.

To be honest, I don't even understand what that error message is trying to say. I'm sure it makes sense to someone, but that someone is not an ordinary user like you or me ... Smiley Very Happy

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 13
caldun

Reg,

No the error message specifically states "a cyclical constraint dependency was detected". It occurs in part files with a derived skeleton and has nothing to do with "constraints". It basically won't let the part update because it can't refresh the derived skeleton.

The only solution I've found is to recreate the the part in a new part file and replace the part that's not working in the parent assembly, which isn't really a solution... just redoing work I've already done.

Any idea when the new service pack will be released? I read in one thread late July and in another early August.

Message 6 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is a known issue in Derive with R2013, which has been corrected in the latest internal build. If you could provide the files, I would try it on my machine and see if the issue is indeed fixed.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 13
caldun
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Here is one example, the 'layout' is derived from the skeleton file.

Message 8 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have confirmed that the example you provided is indeed the same known issue, which has been fixed in the internal build.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 13
caldun

That's good to know. Is there a confirmed date for it's release yet?

Message 10 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! I am sorry that I cannot comment on when the update will be available. If this particular issue is blocking your project, please let me know.

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 13
caldun

I have quite a few parts now with this issue and I don't have the time to remake all of them. Is there a beta fix I can apply or something?

Thanks

Message 12 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you send an email to me? I would like to discuss with you regarding this issue further.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 13 of 13
sergio_duran

Johnson,

This issue is still happening in Inventor newest releases (2016, 2017 and 2018). I haven't tested in 2019. However I read that it was supposed to be fixed in 2013/2014, but it looks like this bug is still happening. I read the description and it's exactly the same. I'm using derived designs (skeletal modeling) and I'm getting this error quite often. Is there any solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report