Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 help files not opening

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
splinemadness
520 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2013 help files not opening

When I try to open help in Inventor 2013, I get the error shown below about internet access (yet I am online).  So I downloaded the offline files and saved them to C:\program files\autodesk\inventor 2013 and double clicked on the tutorial_files.ipj file to open Inventor as instructed in the installation notes, but still get the error.  So after spending the morning searching the forrums, I opened the HelpIds.xml file in the Inventor Bin folder and set UseOnline="0" and also copied another set of files into c:\progams\autodesk\inventor2013\local help and double clicked the tutorial_files.ipj file located there.  I still get the same message though...  Any thoughts?  Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It looks like the screen capture can't be uploaded as an attachment, so I copied the message's text below...  Any help, or is fixing this supposed to be obvious?

Internet access is required to access the Help

The Help for this Autodesk product is now online and is being continuously updated. To access the online help you must be connected to the internet.

To access the Help for this Autodesk product when you are Offline, access the internet and download from here: http://autodesk.com/inventor-2013-help-download

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: splinemadness

@splinemadness wrote:

...and double clicked on the tutorial_files.ipj file to open Inventor as instructed in the installation notes,

John

I'm not seeing this information.
Should be able to get access to Help with any ipj.

The reference to tutorials confuses me.  What Windows OS are you using (determines tutorial file location)?

Are you still on-line when tryig to access the off-line help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report