Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 hangs while rendering model with decals

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zedtoth
1118 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 hangs while rendering model with decals

Hi All!

I've read a lot of post related to my issue. I've found some really similar problems unsolved, so I'm uniting those in one question. I'm using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2013.

I have a middle complexity model, with several decals (,jpg, Using Mask), projected to different parts. When I start Studio, and start rendering, Inventor hangs. The render window opens, but it freezes on Translating and soon both of the windows are not answering. I've checked th CPU. Inventor uses around 1G of ram, during regular use. When I start rendering, slowly it goes up around 5,5G, and eventually the Windows freezes. Rendering the same model without a decal works fine.

I've installed all the Windows updates, and the Inv2013 1.1 Service Pack. Nothing helped.
Have you experienced the same issue before?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel Core i7 @ 220Ghz

6GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz

nVidia GeForce GT 630M DDR3 1GB

I'm a great admirer of Autodesk products, whenever I had a problem, I've allways found a solution. Now I need your help guys!

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
zedtoth
in reply to: zedtoth

(It's not the CPU but the RAM usage. Sorry)

Message 3 of 7
blair

Can you try rendering to a lower res output and see if it completes. I always do prof's at a really low res to check everything out.

You could be max'ing out memory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: blair

Limited RAM would also be my first suspect.  I'd consider 6 GB the absolute minimum for basic modelling without any rendering.  For that type of work I'd be looking at 12 or 16 GB RAM, depending on the motherboard.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
zedtoth
in reply to: blair

I was trying to render it with minimum and low res settings, but it does the same. It renders in illustration mode tough, and without decals it's fast as lightning. With the 2011 version and my old computer (4GB RAM) I was rendering models with decals like a charm. I've tried to isolate and render the decaled parts, and on those where Use Mask option for images wasn't selected, it mostly worked. I'm suspicious about the Use Mask feature, causing the problem. I'll try to shrinkwrap the parts, and try it again.

Are there any new service packs except 1.1?

Message 6 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi ****inzed,

How large are the decal images? If you scaled them to smaller size ore lesser resolution (using Paint or Photoshop for instance) does that improve things?

Edit: It looks like the forum automatically editted your name in my reply. I would encourage you to change it to something more professional that does not include an obscenity. As it is now, it might cause others that use these forum to run into problems with their filters.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 7
zedtoth
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hello Curtis!

This sounds like an obvious solution, and I still haven't tought about it. My images were 20Mb and 300 dpi.. As you wrote it I suddenly realized that this might have been the problem. I've resized the image, but it still not working tough. I'll try it with some more different image settings, and let you know.

About the name: I've already changed it, sorry about that. That's my default internet nick name, and when I was creating my Autodesk account, it's gone trough. That old name didn't really showed how nice I really am:)

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report