Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 hangs at splash screen

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bobt
2204 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2013 hangs at splash screen

Hi

Just installed product design suite 2013 without issue, however when I try to run Inventor 2013 it hangs at the splash screen.

The only way to exit is to kill the Inventor process. Other applications with in the design suite run fine ACAD, Fusion etc.

I did read a post about a windows security update causing this, but I do not have the offending update loaded so it can't be this. Has any one else suffered from this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 64 bit Dell Precision

BobT

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jletcher
in reply to: bobt

Do a test for me with inventor not up and running (not a promblem seeing it will not start)  in explorer right click on a part and say open it should start inventor for you let me know what happens...

Message 3 of 11
bobt

Hi

I have Inventor 2012 on my laptop as well so if I right click on an ipt then Inventor 2012 runs.

If I try and run 2013 and I kill the process then try opening an ipt I get two error messages(see attached image)

The first click on the part and the bottom of the two messages appears if I ok this and then continue with the open then I get the top error message appear.

Hope this makes sense?

Message 4 of 11
jletcher

ok lets try this again.. Shut down computer restart computer in explorer right click on part and select open. let me know what happens.

Don't run Inventor 2013 or 2012..

Message 5 of 11
bobt

Same result i'm afraid, I restarted laptop and right clicked an ipt and got the same two error messages?

Message 6 of 11
SBix26

When you installed, did you have the UAC turned off and virus scanning disabled?  Full Administrator rights? If not, then definitely uninstall Inventor and reinstall it.  (Since you didn't give any specs, I'm assuming that you're running Windows 7).

Message 7 of 11
bobt
in reply to: SBix26

sorry for the delay but I have been out of the office for several days.

I have turned off fire wall disabled all virus software and re-installed Inventor 2013.

I get the same problem Inventor just sits there on the splash screen.

Some times it crashed and creates an error log, other time I have to kill the process.

What is frustrating is that Fusion works ACAD and Showcase, but not Inventor?

Message 8 of 11
SBix26

Did you have UAC (User Access Control) turned off?  If not, Windows may prevent the installer from writing some important stuff to the registry.

Message 9 of 11
bobt
in reply to: SBix26

I am running windows 7 and the UAC is set to "Never Notify" so I assume this is off?

Message 10 of 11
SBix26

Correct, that's what I meant by 'Off'.

Something else that you might try: log in as a different user (create a new account if you need to) and see if Inventor behaves.  If so, something in your user profile is corrupt and needs to be rooted out (we'll get to the details if that proves to be the case).

Message 11 of 11
bobt

Guys

I wanted to say thankyou for all your help and patients with this issue.

I logged an error report with Autodesk and it appears I had a conflict with an addin and the FwUI.dll

Autodesk sent me a re-compiled dll and I I have been able to get Inventor to run.

I still have a few issues with the addin but I now have a work arround.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report