Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 drawing crashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pedropenduks999
1018 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 drawing crashes

Hey! This is my first posting here. I havent really looked around the posts a lot but heres my problem.

I am using Inventor 2013 64 bit. When I open some drawings with multiple sheets, sometimes theres a certain sheet that will crash my Inventor session. So lets say that I have a drawing with 5 sheets. I open it and all the sheets have a red lightning bolt beside them meaning I need to update those sheets. So I go to sheet 2 and everything is fine. Sheet 3 is fine. Then I go to sheet 4 and Inventor crashes. So I restart Inventor and open the same drawing and again when I try to update or go to sheet 4, Inventor will always crash down on that sheet yet every other sheet seems to work fine. Now the drawing was made using 2012 version so Im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I did some search in google and in the discussions and found something about unchecking the 'enable background updates' box. This seems to work and lets me open that sheet 4 of that drawing. Now my question is...Do I have to leave that box unchecked? The thing is after updating that drawing and saving everything, I rechecked the box, closed down inventor, reopen inventor. I then revised my assembly model by increasing the length of one part. I then reopened that drawing......and again it crashes on me. If I dont revise the assembly, the drawing opens up fine even when the box is checked. As soon as I revise the assembly, drawing crashes again when that box is checked.

Do i need to leave that box unchecked? I was thinking that maybe it only happens with the drawings I made with 2012 version.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: pedropenduks999

Back-up all your existing IV2012 files (copy to DVD)

Run the Task Manager, and migrate only the IPT files on the first run.

After that is done, run the Task Manager again and migrate all the IAM files.

Open the IAM file for the drawing that is giving you problems and check that everything is fine with the model.

Finally open the IDW drawing file and see if the problem has solved itself.

The setting is trying to update the existing views on the other pages in the background while you are looking at a given page. If you have a problem with one of the other views on another page, eventually it will get to the viewing question and crash.

Sounds like there is something wrong with the model prior which is causing the drawing to faultier.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4

Many thanks to report this issue! And could you attach the dataset or send it to river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 4 of 4

I dont have a problem sending the files over but not sure if my boss will. Ill have to ask first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report