Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 crash when using RAY TRACE

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1075 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2013 crash when using RAY TRACE

I have an assembly build up from IGES-files. All files are imported correctly without error.

When i try to ray-trace the view, Inventor 2013 crashes.  I tried this also on another computer, to be sure, the problem isn't caused by the computer, same problem, directly after pushing the Ray Trace button, CRASH!!!!

Also the inserting of IGES is SLOW, my collegae who uses SOLID works, can open the IGES - files much faster.  The slow loading of IGES and STEP was also an issue in Inventor 2012, 2011, 2010... Nuw IGES causes Inventor 2013 to crash.

Who can help me?

I use Inventor 2013 Ultimate Design Suite. Win 7 64-bit

MACHINE:

Intel Core i7 CPU  870 2.93Ghz

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It looks more like a graphics issue at the moment. Can you confirm whether you have installed a certified driver from the link below,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Also go to Application options -> Hardware tab -> Change it to compatibility view and see whether it works better or not.

Below solution was created for older versions of Inventor. However you could try the last option in the link below while importing your IGES.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13528863&linkID=9242018

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8

Vinod,

I have also experienced a crash when using Ray Trace.  My video card is a nVidia GTS250, 1GB.  This card is DirectX 10 compatible.  Per the graphics card recommendations for Product Design Suite, this card meets those requirements.

2012-04-24_2059.png

When I search for a driver on the site that you suggested, I only get OpenGL Workstation cards.  Does this mean that Autodesk only recommends OpenGL workstation cards.  Seems odd that there is not any DirectX cards listed on the site.

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the details. From what i see, your graphic card is not having a certified graphic card at the moment. Can you able to submit the crash error report when your inventor crashes. If so, can you send me the email address that you used to submit the report.

This would help me in further troubleshooting.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 8

@VinodBalasubramanian wrote:

.... From what i see, your graphic card is not having a certified graphic card at the moment....

So, are you saying that the card I have is not certified at the moment????  Is this because its not on the list at the address you gave above?

My cards support OpenGL and are Directx10 compatible. I have attached the specifications for the card.

Message 6 of 8

Hi Arthur,

I agree with you that the card is supported for Open GL and DirectX. I was trying to say that our developers haven't tested your graphic card specifically for Inventor 2013. So its not a certified card by Autodesk. 

Meanwhile, did you manage to reproduce the crash again. If so, can you submit it and provide us the email address that you have used. It would be easier for me to track the issue faster.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 8

Just sent one...the email that I used was karthur(at)fmi-solutions(dot)com

Message 8 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for sending the error report. It looks more like a data specific crash. Is it possible to share that assembly with us.

Do let me know, if you want to have a secure FTP.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report