Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Wish List?

112 REPLIES 112
SOLVED
Message 1 of 113
FProcp
14012 Views, 112 Replies

Inventor 2013 Wish List?

Man Sad

I would like to be able to move parts/assemblies around in Inventor very quickly but very accurately.

Like you can move something in AutoCAD.

When you go into the move command it would be nice to be able to enter exact x,y or z values for movement.

Maybe it could be added to the "Grip Snap" function where you select an edge on the part or something, or the x,y,z axis and move an inputed distance.

I think it would be beneficial to be able to quickly and accurately move parts around before starting to apply assembly constraints?

I know you can do quite a bit with "Grip Snap" and from iproperties "Current Offset From..." but I'm not sure if it's simple and quick?

Franco
GMT +08:00
112 REPLIES 112
Message 101 of 113
Lesoux
in reply to: mflayler2

It should be separate sketch element like rectangular for example.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
Message 102 of 113
Lesoux
in reply to: mflayler2

Look at the Solidworks.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 103 of 113
stevenguy
in reply to: Lesoux

The slot one click feature will be add in 2014 version.

This how Autodesk keep the people subscription.

Steve Nguyen
CAD Admin/ Eng
Inventor Pro, Inventor Publisher & Vault 2016
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5690 @3.47GHz (2 processors)
Mem 48.0 GB
OS Win 8.1 64-bit
Graphic Card: Quadro FX 4800
Message 104 of 113
Lesoux
in reply to: stevenguy

And many other helpful features will be in the next version.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 105 of 113
TheCadGuyDavid
in reply to: FProcp

There should be a better way to simplify parts. It is harder to simplify parts if a larger assembly, sent via some lazy Solidworks users, does not have a proper level of detail.

1. Maybe there could be an envelope creation possibility per the .ipt (part files), like how Inventor Simplification works.

2. A level of detail for the parts

3. the ability to use a substituted part.

There already exists a great workflow regarding sub assemblies. Why not create the same exact type of workflow for the parts as well? The programming for that should not be difficult to do, as it is already there... basically.

4. If you are worried about ribbon clutter... use workspaces like AutoCAD!

5. Oh yeah, and fix that darn surface problem. I would like to treat a surface exactly like a solid. All that would be involved there would be some simple if-then statements for each piece. "is it a surface? if yes, thicken then combine". Maybe work around the limitations of the kernal for now.

Message 106 of 113
SBix26
in reply to: TheCadGuyDavid

No official monitoring of this thread-- use the Inventor IdeaStation forum to post enhancement requests.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 107 of 113
dan_inv09
in reply to: SBix26

Hey, when did they change the logo? (Sorry, I haven't checked in in a week or two.)

Just imagine how many new features or bug fixes they could have done for the time and money spent on that!

We're all over here saying, "I wish it would do this." or, "I wish it could do that." and they're over there thinking, "I read somewhere that blue and green are good - we have to have a new logo that uses blue and green more!" and then someone else chimes in with, "But look at the forums ... we need a new text font on the logo to make it REALLY stand out at the top of the page there."

Message 108 of 113
mrattray
in reply to: TheCadGuyDavid

I'd point out that you're posting in a 2013 wish list. Not only are these threads obsoleted by the new idea station now, but any suggestion you make now couldn't possibly be implemented until the 2015 release.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 109 of 113
dan_inv09
in reply to: mrattray

Were you replying to the guy who posted last Thursday? Because I think sbixler covered that.

Message 110 of 113
mrattray
in reply to: dan_inv09

Yeah, I just wanted to point out that it's a 2013 wish list and 2014 is being released.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 111 of 113
dan_inv09
in reply to: mrattray

Does that mean the wishes are no longer valid?

If you wished that the Yankees would win the World Series back in 2011 does that mean that you can't wish they'd win this year?

We'll have to see how effective the new idea station is, but this sort of thread gives you the opportunity to go, "Hey look, that one and that one still don't work!"

Message 112 of 113
lune_riezebos
in reply to: swalton

Perhaps an other option is using the Make Layout option and start working top down.

You can use the layout to position your important parts. This gives you a easy way to move you parts around.

You create a sketch and you constrain your assembly to this sketch. I used this method with large assembly over
that had over a million parts. Moving parts around becomes easy since you modify your layout IPT and the next time
you open your main assembly everything is moved to the new location.

Luné

Message 113 of 113

lune_riezebos

Why are you posting a wish list item for Inventor 2013?   If you have an idea for an upcoming version of Inventor please use the Inventor IdeaStation web site: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/v1232

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report