Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Template

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mari
706 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 Template

Hi all

I am trying to create a template, but need the template to have a custom drawing in. I create the drawing but once I save it as a template ("save copy as template") it does not save my drawing. I cannot place it in the definition as I do not want all the sheets to have the drawing on, only the one sheet. Also how do I place a first angle projection sign in the left bottom corner of the drawing? I have drawn my own, but have the same problem as above with it. As a drawing it does not save to the template and in the defintion - if I change the sheet size for only that specific sheet the sign sits in the middle of the sheet.

Looking forward to your response.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: mari

It sounds like you need to check onto Drawing Resources > Sketched Symbols.

Can you attach some examples (just save, not save as Template) here?

3rd angle.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mari
in reply to: JDMather

Hi

Attached please find as requested. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for replying so quikly 🙂

Message 4 of 7
mari

Good day

Is there any news on my previous post?

Regards

Mari

Message 5 of 7
rdyson

Open your Template and right click on Sketched Symbols, Define New Symbol. Sketch your symbol(s). Save the Template. 

Image1.png

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 7
a.mashnouk

Hi,
I deleted by mistake the templates of Inventor 2013, Anybody can help me to to download them again !
Message 7 of 7
raveruben
in reply to: a.mashnouk

you mean the ipt. and iam. tamplates? like standard mm ipt. and stuff like that? if you give me your email i cant send them to you via whe transfer?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report