Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Stress Analysis glyphs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
whunter
558 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2013 Stress Analysis glyphs

Hi all;

I just watched the following video of Project Simulus (from Autodesk Labs): 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds48vT2hyFc

I noticed that it has a very similar workflow/look to Iventor's built-in FEA. One difference I noticed is that Project Simulus can show the constraint glyphs (the type of constraint one applies). Does anyone know if this will eventually be added to Inventor's own, built-in FEA?

I find it frustrating and odd that something like that (visibility/display of glyphs) is available in a free tool, but not one that I paid for...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
henderh
in reply to: whunter

Hi William,

The issue has been logged as ID 1467853.  We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I couldn't agree more with your request.  Unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to say if or when constraint glyphs will be added to the Stress Analysis environment.  I've notified the decision-makers about this request previously.

Please let us know of any additional questions, comments or suggestions.

Sincerely, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 3 of 4
whunter

Hi Hugh;

Thanks for the reply.

Autodesk has Inventor Fusion, Fusion for Mac, Autodesk Simulation Mech and Multi (old Algor) and Inventor's own built-in FEA (old PlassoTech). In my country I cannot buy Autodesk Sim (well, not easily, I suppose I could if I pushed the local people), so if I want to buy an FEA program with CAD interoperability I'll probably look at Ansys or NEI In-Cad or SimExpert (all of which I can buy).

Then there's SolidWorks Simulation which I can also buy, which is more capable/polished than Inventor's FEA. If I go with this option, I might as well go back to SolidWorks in its entirety. The same is true for Solid Edge and Patran.

Can you shed some light on the strategy here, please (if you may); what is the plan with all these similar but disconnected Autodesk products? I've actually stopped paying subscription, because I don't know what we're paying for anymore. Is there a 'public' roadmap? It's dificult to make decisions regarding software upgrades with all this software disparity.

Message 4 of 4
henderh

Hi William,

I've forwarded this thread to someone at Autodesk who can better answer your question(s).  There should be a reply soon.

Thanks and Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report