1. When Inventor behaves slowly, does creating a line in a simple sketch takes a long time?
- No, this works fine.
2. After it happens, does rebooting or restarting Inventor help?
3. Does uninstalling the service pack and reinstalling it help?
- Have not tried it. But i hade the same problem before installing SP 1.1
4. If you start a different Inventor release like R2012 or earlier and close it and then restart R2013, does it help?
- No. does nt make any differance.
I have found out that Inventor behaves differently depeding how i start and how I select the project. When I closed Inventor and then started by double click on my part-file I got the result that Invetor started the Copy Loop with the InventorMaterialLibrary file instead of my own.
And I have tried to create and recreate my own library files but when this didn't work I tried a copy of Inventors own material library file. So i do not think I am confusing the program. It is confused from the start.
Inventor will then go into not-responing-mode and if you examine you tempfolder you will find multiple copies of C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\MaterialLibraries_PID_2bb0\InventorMaterialLibrary(???).adsklib
Go to your C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Design Data\Materials-folder
Rename \InventorMaterialLibrary.adsklib and you will find that the program directly returns from non-responsive-mode and displays the Derived Assembly dialog.
This has now been verified on different machines with differenct OS and with SP0/SP1/SP1.1