Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - Half Section View

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sbachar
733 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2013 - Half Section View

Cannot inspect, export pictures, constraint while in half section (or other) view mode...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: sbachar

No longer on IV2013. Never had a problem or issue or found a bug with this. I suspect that this is a new install that possible had isues with the instal.

The first would be to install all Service Pack's for your product and see if the issue solves itself.

System spec's, both hardware and O/S would help as well.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
tsreagan

"half section (or other) view mode"

Please clarify,  are you having issues "Just" in half section mode.    the (or other) makes it a little cryptic.

In 2013 they changed the section tool a bit,  and added a final confirmation button after choosing the cut plane,  right click and see if maybe you did not fully complete the action.  If you are not fully completeing the command it will still show the section for a moment, and then it will return to regular view if you start any other command.  It is a bit annoying.

T.S.

Message 4 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! Do you mind providing a bit more specific steps to reproduce the problem? I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior on my machine based on my understanding of the information you provided so far.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
DRoam

Did you right-click and select "Continue"/"OK" twice? I sometimes forget that I have to do that once to confirm the cut-plane location and once to accept the section operation itself. There are plane location confirmation clicks when performing a quarter- or three-quarter-section view.

Message 6 of 7
tsreagan
in reply to: DRoam

What DRoam said,  graphically.

Right Click Section.jpg

And yes,  after using section tools in 2012 and below,  this new confirmation step is hard to re-train.  Annoying.

T.S.

Message 7 of 7
sbachar

Thanks to all answers. I checked again and you are all right. I didn't accept/perform the complete procedure (ie accept). This is a little bit annoying. That also answers why I saw the "left arrow" and not an "OK' button!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums