i want to know if someone know how to export an appearance like "metallic paint" in an xml style and then import it in another way.
My real target is to have my RAL colours imported as paint.
If i import my styxml file with the style editor it imports me all the RAL like generic.
Instead for example, "metallic paint" appearance has a lot of properties that regards paint.
I want to make a new file (by script) to import, that can add me all the RAL colours as painted ral.
I don't find any import/export button :-/
Please, don't tell me that the solution is to create all the colors by hand ...
(Anyway, why RAL colours are not inside the default libraries? Copyright issue?)
Thankyou in advance
1. Inventor does not support directly RAL color mode, you need to convert the RAL color to RGB/HSL color value, then it could be a valid input color value.
2. Users have to Create a color.xml file manually with the right value in the item “Diffuse="R G B O"” and then do the migration for quickly creation of assets in Inventor 2013. (R,G,B instead of RGB value, O instead of Opacity, Please keep O value as 1 if there is no Opacity in RAL color which converted)
Attached is a color template example for your information.
Thankyou for your reply, but maybe you misunderstand my question.
I already have an xml file of my RAL colours, and i have also the old exported from 2012.
My problem is how to import like metallic paint appearance, with metallic paint properties. (Without doing all by hand i mean)
There is something to include in the xml that can be interpreted by the importer routine that assign all the new appareances to a specific category?
Thank you in advance
Thanks for your question, please use the migration tool to migrate the xml file.
1. Please make sure that your xml file contains all the properties, then put the color/material xmls to a folder.
2. Open material/appearance browser and command migrate. (Picture enclosed)
3. Select the proper option for migration
Hopefully it will help you a bit.
I can import colors.
But they result as default colors, and not metallic paint like i want.
I try also to specify the category but it still import it in the default category of the library.
<Style InternalName="1:RAL 9018 Papyrus white" EditFlag="0" Ambient="0.858824 0.890196 0.870588 1" Diffuse="0.858824 0.890196 0.870588 1" Specular="1 1 1 1" Emissive="0 0 0 0" Shininess="20" IsMasked="0" Mask="0 0 0 1" Opacity="100" Scale="1" Rotation="0" TextureFile="" TexturePath="0" ShowBackFaces="0" ReflectionImageFile="" ReflectionImagePath="0" Refraction="1" BumpMapImageFile="" BumpMapImagePath="0" BumpMapAmount="1" BumpMapScale="1" BumpMapRotation="0"><Name Language="1033" Description="" Category="Metallic Paint">RAL 9018 Papyrus white</Name></Style></Colors>
I also tested creating the "Metallic Paint" category in a new library. Nothing change.
My fear is that "Category" is in a row where we describe translation, so we are not assigning a specific parameter but a translation of the name.
I guess we are missing a parameter to assign the right category, so inventor can manage it like as a Concrete, Liquid, Metal, Mirror, Metallic Paint and so on...
Could you help upload your xml file for us for more investigation? thanks in advance.
It's could be a defect if the catagory could not be created by migration.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register