Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Customized Material showing different Appearance

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hareshbhere
1791 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2013 Customized Material showing different Appearance

Hello,

I have created Cutomized Materials in Inventor 2013.

When I try to apply customized material to part it is showing different result for Drop Down list and for Material Browser.

1. Picture showng appearance of part for Wood Pine from Material Browser.

Inventor 2013-Customize Material from Browser.JPG

2. Same Material I tried from drop down list showing following result (Customized library has checked it is in active form)

Inventor 2013-Customize Material from Drop Down List.JPG

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Inventor: Autodesk Inventor Proffesional 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hareshbhere
in reply to: hareshbhere

Hello,

I have observed that, if I am applying material as per second case in above post, material appearance is not updating because material style is not updating (shown in image below).

Inventor 2013-Material Style Update.JPG

If I am updating material style, I am getting desired result (as case 1).

Question: Why new created parts also asking for style update? i.e. For new parts required to apply material then style update required. How can solve this issue.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Inventor: Autodesk Inventror Professional 2013.

Vault: Autodesk Vault Professional 2013.

Message 3 of 6
Jon.Dean

If you create a Style in a part file, then the style is local to that part.

If you want the style available for all parts, then you have to save your local style to your Material / Appearance library.

To do this you have to modify your project so you can Write to your Style library.

Now you can open the part with the new Material / Appearance and Update the Style Library.

Now the style will be available to all parts.

Note: If you are using an image, make sure that is available from a central location, not saved to a users workstation.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 4 of 6
hareshbhere
in reply to: Jon.Dean

Hello Jon,

Thank You for reply.

As you have posted, I have created Material styles in customized library and project file has also modified for customized library (see attached images). Same project file and cutomized library shared on all systems through Vault Proffessional 2013.

1. I have crated styles, but material styles has observed all systems. i.e. Styles are not on local system.

2. Appearance images are used from standard Autodesk textures i.e no issue of links.

Please let me know, if any more information required to solve this problem.

Message 5 of 6
Jon.Dean

Take a look on our Inventor Blog:

If you search for Material / Appearance you will find many articles.

Jon.

Jon Dean

Message 6 of 6
blair
in reply to: Jon.Dean

You might be confusing the Material with Appearance. The Material does have an appearance, but this can be overridden with the Appearance.

Example: Steel, it has a specific density and has a standard appearance of Grey. The object will have a mass/weight based on it's volume X density. You can change the Appearance of the Steel from Red to Grey, it will still have the same Mass.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report