Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 Crashes Instantly

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
n.k.timofeev
4766 Views, 33 Replies

Inventor 2013 Crashes Instantly

Hello everyone,

Never hoped I would use one of this forums, but it seems like I need your help. Did I mention? - I NEED YOUR HELP!

So this was really weird. I installed 2013 version about a month ago and it worked great! Haven't used it for 2 weeks and yesterday, tried opening it, but when I tried creating a new file it crashes. I was surprised. So I tried again, and it still crashed. Then I tried opening an existing file and guess what? It crashed. I tried reinstalling 2013 version. Keeps crashing. It only opens the home screen and once I say create a part file or open a file and after I choose the file in the location, it crashes again. I am so disappointed.

Also tried to install 2012 version, but it wouldn't install it at all!!! It refuses to install anything and shows error.

I am really confused about what happened. Don't seem to have any reasonable explanation.

Hope you all can help!

Let me know if you need to know more, I will try to explain better.

Thanks,

Nikita

Tags (3)
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34

Chris,

When I start Inventor, I get to open the program and the pop-up screen with Work, Learn, Extend coming up. It always displays it at the startup. (By the way, I would turn it off, but since Inventor crashes, I assume it does not save my preferences.) 

So I close it. And if I try to do anything after that, it crashes. 

I just crashed it actually Smiley Very Happy Sent the error report and for the first time they provided to install the SP1. So I'll do that after it downloads. I'll get back to you with updates.

Thanks,

Nikita

Message 22 of 34

***Also, do you have any sort of 3D controller attached ? If so, is the driver up-to-date ? Does it make a difference if you unplug that & uninstall the driver ?***

Chris, what do you mean by 3D controler? Since I don't know what it is, I assume that I don't... haha

Message 23 of 34
n.k.timofeev
in reply to: n.k.timofeev

Nope, SP1 didn't do it...

Message 24 of 34
m.granata

I know you are fairly confident your issue is software related and that maybe so.  I am no expert here....  Just an end user that has had to fix Workstation/PC issues as well.  Have you considered swaping out your video card and drivers with another type, providing you have access to another type of card, and see what happens?  At minimum, rule out some possible hardware issues.  Before I started using Quadro FX based cards I use to like 3D Labs video cards.  They were faster than Quado FX stuff but had alot of strange issues which is why I changed to Quadro FX based cards.

Good Luck,

Message 25 of 34
n.k.timofeev

I am sorry, but I don't think that I would go through the trouble of spending money on a new video card for a free version of Student edition of Inventor and possibly damaging my laptop.

But thanks for the input!

P.S. Siemens NX works fine with my video card and it loads faster than Autodesk. I only see issues that can be caused if I swap a video card...

Message 26 of 34
m.granata

I can understand that.  I may have missed the fact that you were working with that software edition on a laptop.  I wouldn't want somebody to spend hard earned money based on my ideas.  I thought it was a PC and maybe you had access to another video card to try.  Good Luck

Message 27 of 34
g.jleon

I've been having the same problem since last week, I tried unistalling an reinstalling the program but it still crashes when I try to open, create a new file or try to go to application options, I can't even open Fusion or 3Ds Max 2013. I have Solidworks 2013 installed and it works just fine. Is there anyone who resolved this issue?

Regards

Gerardo

Message 28 of 34
n.k.timofeev
in reply to: g.jleon

Hi Gerardo,

Welcome aboard! I don't know of anyone who has been able to resolve this. Just out of curiosity, what is the brand and model of your machine? Is it a laptop? I might start collecting data and see if I can find out if it is a manufacturer or something...

I also had some of my friends switch from 2012 version and they got the same thing... I feel like this issue might be "Lenovo" related since all machines which were affected are Lenovo made. I wonder if it is the problem with hardware or software...

Best,

Nikita

Message 29 of 34
g.jleon

Indeed, I have a lenovo laptop Z570, i7-2670QM 2.20GHz, GeForce GT 520M with windows 7. I tried downloading the latest version of my nvida driver but nothing changed.

I also had problems installing windows updates. I had to use the clean boot state to get the updates installed, some interference between 3rd party software I think. I think it might be a software problem, but I have no clue on what it could be.

Message 30 of 34
n.k.timofeev
in reply to: g.jleon

Oh... I am afraid it might be an issue. I also have GeForce video card... But I have NX8 that runs well and I don't see what's the issue might be...

nikita

Message 31 of 34

I had a similar problem that happened during inventor install (setup.exe).  Setup would crash every time on Inventor 2012 and inventor 2013.  The problem turned out to be DisplayLink display driver.  I updated it to v4 from the displaylink web site and the install and inventor stopped crashing.  Goodluck.

Inventor Install 2013

Crash

setup

Displaylink USB

Message 32 of 34

I've been having the same problem. However, my PC is a Sony Vaio E series, and not a Lenovo. The issue also seems to have "escalated"; by this I mean that Inventor would only crash whenever I tryed to create a new file. Now though it crashes  when I open an old file, and even when I move or zoom in and out. I have updated all my drivers. I am also running Windows 8, I dont know if the issue might be related to that.

Message 33 of 34

I have faced this problem this morning, Inventor 2013 Crash when ever I open a file (when it loaded Design Accelerator add-in), so I delete this add-in in installed folder, then copy the add-in from sourse to this folder again. Now Inventor is working as it should.

If you guy have this problem, you should pay attention to when Inventor crash which is the add-in cause the crash and re-copy that add-in into install folder (the "Bin" folder).

Message 34 of 34
blair
in reply to: jasondeanhart

Win 8 is not yet a supported O/S for IV2013. This means it may or may not function properly with all features and functionality. Keep checking the: "Support>Product Support.Support & Documentation>Inventor>Knowledge Base>Data & Downloads>Updates & Service Packs" from this website updates to your product.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report