Inventor General

Contributor
Message 11 of 34 (1,364 Views)

Re: Inventor 2013 Crashes Instantly

10-21-2012 06:19 PM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Chris, 

I don't think DirectX caused this problem. I have lenovo and I did every update possible before trying to see if something was wrong with the Inventor. 

If I call customer support, will they be able to look at my computer and the issue, like the antivirus guys do? May be it will be the easiest way to solve this problem. 

Thanks,

Nikita

Employee
Message 12 of 34 (1,325 Views)

10-22-2012 01:42 PM in reply to: n.k.timofeev

Have you tried starting Inventor using the software graphics mode to see if that helps ? Start Inventor but don't open a file. Go to Tools, Application Options, then the Hardware tab. Check Compatibility & Software Graphics. Then try opening a file.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Inventor Customer Enagagement Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
Message 13 of 34 (1,313 Views)

Re: Iis.inventor 2013 Crashes Instantly

10-22-2012 03:59 PM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Chris,

I think that I have uninstalled it so many times that I deleted something important at this point.... I can't run Inventor at all. I will be calling customer support to help me with this issue...

Thanks for your help.

Contributor
Message 14 of 34 (1,274 Views)

10-23-2012 11:12 PM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Actually, I couldn't even do that. Once I try to access Application Options it crashes too. Fusion doesn't seem to work either. Crashes during start up. 

To be able install inventor I did the following:

Dear Nikita Timofeev,

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your Inventor 2013. To double check the uninstallation status of your Inventor 2013, we kindly invite you to visit the pages below to go thru the recommended solutions or procedures from there:

Uninstalling Inventor:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14893355

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?si?teID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

But there is still no success.

Distinguished Contributor
Message 15 of 34 (1,268 Views)

10-24-2012 01:21 AM in reply to: n.k.timofeev

I don't know exactly what's causing your issue.  It almost sounds like something a virus would cause.  Although, many years ago when I used AutoCAD I had a hard drive starting to get bad sectors and crazy things started to happen.  Couldn't find files, and eventually AutoCAD wouldn't open.  I reformatted the drive and all worked okay for a short time then the same issues started up again.  I've also seen a bad video card create wierd problems.  This is only my opinion if I had your problem.  I would bite the bullet at this point, make sure I had the data files backed-up, reformat the hard drive,  reinstall the OS and update it, make sure you have the correct video driver, run Windows error checking utility on the drive, if all okay reinstall your Inventor suite and go from there.

Good Luck,

Contributor
Message 16 of 34 (1,246 Views)

10-24-2012 06:43 AM in reply to: m.granata

Yeah... I don't think it is that either. I have a version of Siemens PLM NX and it is working faster than Inventor used to work on my laptop. I have 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3210M Processor( 2.50GHz 1600MHz 3MB) with a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and 6GB Memory, so I really don't think there is anything wrong with my video card, or the registry, or the OS... I was buying this computer so I can run Inventor on it... Ironic.

I think it has to do with the software. I run everything else just fine and there is a zero (or almost no) chance I would have a virus on my PC... It would have effected other software as well, don't you think? So there is really gotta be a solution.

Distinguished Contributor
Message 17 of 34 (1,237 Views)

10-24-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: n.k.timofeev

You are probably correct in that it is software related.  I just thought I'd put my thoughts on the situation in your post.  It sounds like a nice system you have.  Much newer and very likely faster than mine.  Mine is an older HP XW 8400 workstation, 64 bit Windows 7, two Xeon dual core CPU's, and a Quadro FX 1800 video card.  Its an off-lease unit I purchased used, but it has been rock solid reliable.  I read of all the crashing problems people have with Inventor and fortunately so far I haven't experienced that.  I did have an issue with the fillet dialog box blacking out for a few seconds when executing complex variable radius fillets but that stopped after installing the current Inventor service pack.

I would think Autodesk tech support would contact you, if they haven't already, and help you resolve this issue.  I don't know what else to suggest at this time.  I am curious to hear what solves this issue.  Good Luck.

Employee
Message 18 of 34 (1,223 Views)

10-24-2012 11:45 AM in reply to: n.k.timofeev

Nikita,

At what point does it crash ? Do you even get to the start splashscreen in a zero doc state ? Can you access application options, without opening a document, so that you can try switching to the graphical modes mentioned above & perhaps unload all add-ins ?

If you don't resolved this, then send me an email at ChrisDOTMitchellATautodeskDOTcom & I'll see what I can see over a screen share session.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
Message 19 of 34 (1,213 Views)

10-24-2012 12:04 PM in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Also, do you have any sort of 3D controller attached ? If so, is the driver up-to-date ? Does it make a difference if you unplug that & uninstall the driver ?

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 34 (1,196 Views)

10-24-2012 04:23 PM in reply to: n.k.timofeev

As Nikita stated I also am at the point that Inventor crashes upon trying to open a new or already created file from the welcome screen or if I close the welcome screen and try to open from Inventors window.

It no longer gives me the "send error report" window and just self closes Invenor.

When I click Application Options instant crash.

Im considering doing a screen capture video and posting it if that would help to show exactly what happens.

Regards,

Clayton Kesler

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube