Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 unresolved references

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
melorenz
1494 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2012 unresolved references

When I'm in Inventor 2012 and opening an assembly file from Inventor 2009 I get a `Resolve Link' window saying I have unresoved references(not found in project). Most of these seem to be `hardware' files from the content center. How do I get Inventor 2012 to recognize these parts? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xiaoyan.qi
in reply to: melorenz

Have you used "pack and go" function to create a project for the 2009 Assembly files ?(Right click on the Assembly and Select "Park and Go")

The Default Content Center file location can be set in project setting, see the picture below:

if you didn't pack&Go the Assembly and open it in 2012 , inventor will try to find the Content center file from the Default Content Center folder and workspace folder, if Inventor can't find the file, "Resolve Link" Window will pop up CCFileLocation.jpg 

you can try to change the Content Center Files folder to the specific folder contains the Content center file and trg again

but I recommended you Park&Go the 2009 Assembly files, then Load the project in 2012 to open the Assembly

Let me know if it works

Mick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report