Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 parts not showing up in assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dlouviere
2634 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012 parts not showing up in assembly

I am drawing up a assembly but not all the parts are showning up in assembly but in the browser all the parts or there and when i place it on a drawing everything shows up. Yesterday i was working on this assembly and everything was find and i come to open the assembly this morning and not everything is showing up. I include a picture of what i am talking about cause this is the first time this has happen to me and at my company we upgrade inventor every year and this problem has never happen to me so if anyone could help it would greatly be appreicated.

Thanks

Derek

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
greg
in reply to: dlouviere

I have been having the same problem with my assemblies.

I have at least tracked this down to Design View Representations using bad information on part Visibility.

Message 3 of 4
Invent-It_07

I recently had the same problem. Toggle though the different Level of Details and then return to the Master Level. All the non-displayed parts should reappear in the graphics window.

Message 4 of 4
greg

I have found if I dig all the way down into the assemblies/parts that are not behaving, opening it, Switching through a couple design reps, then saving and closing the assembly/part file. This usualy fixes the issue.

Sometimes I have to add a design rep to a part file in order to make it act right.

This is obviously some sort of refresh to the design reps. Maybe even rewriting it to the file's database, where then Inventor's new design reps module can handle it properly.

If this is the case. The Inventor team needs to just put in some error handling/correction routines into Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report