Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 model shading/colour Issues

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
SteveOlson
560 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2012 model shading/colour Issues

Hi,

I am a student in grade 12 and I am using inventor 2012 for a project.  I have followed a tutorial on youtube on how to make a rim for a car (seen here http://youtu.be/-rCZNFARSfQ )

When i completed my drawing i noticed that the curved inner wall of the outer part of the rim had lines and did not go away in the rendering.

Full size image.jpg

I think it would be cool I could design my own set of rims, but i could not bring myself to hand in something that does not look perfect.  I do not know if there are any settings to get rid of the lines or if you have to render the image in something like autodesk showcase?

Thanks,

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: SteveOlson

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

In your drawing are you using a shaded view? or what representation are you using?  You have a couple of options.  If there are only a few lines you can select them and RC and hide them.  Or you can RC on the view itself and edit it and under the display tab are some settings that could work for you as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
JDMather

Can you roll up the EOP and attach the file here?

Do you have a Surface Body visible that you forgot to turn off?

If not that, I suspect a lighting change will take care of the problem, but my first bet is a surface body overtop the solid faces.

Find the red End of Part marker in the browser.
(End of Folded on sheet metal parts EOF)
Drag the red EOP to the top of the browser hiding all features.

Save the file with the EOP in a rolled up state.

Right click on the file name and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
SteveOlson
in reply to: JDMather

here is the file, I hope i "packaged" it right!

Message 5 of 10
SteveOlson
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hey Cadmanto,

i was using the shaded veiw but the lines appear in other views also.  They are not actual lines that i can click on but lighting errors(?) that change when you zoom in.

Message 6 of 10
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a Surface Body visible that you forgot to turn off?

..... but my first bet is a surface body overtop the solid faces.

Find the Surface Body in the feature browser and right click on it and turn off Visibility.

Surface Bodies.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Cadmanto

Steve,

I like JD, was thinking the same thing.  I called your part up and was wondering the exact same thing.  I didn't see any lines, but saw you had the surfaces turned on.  Not to mention I got the impression that this was happening in a drawing.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

I didn't see any lines,...

There were a couple of Suppressed features at the bottom of the tree, when I unsuppressed the Combine feature the "lines" became apparent.

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Cadmanto

I didn't do that.  I undid the roll back and didn't see anything was where I was coming from.

DIdn't have time to dig into it that deeply.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 10
SteveOlson

Thanks for showing me!  Looks way better!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report