Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 help system changes, other annoying issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
whunter
360 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012 help system changes, other annoying issues

1) Inventor (2011) used to give me hits from this forum and other recources whenever I searched for something in the help, now all I get is the Wiki help. How do I fix it?

2) How can I make/force Inventor to use my internet browser of choice and not IE9? Is it even possible?

3) How do I switch off the cute little menu thingy that pops up everytime I want to extrude, or cut, etc? What was wrong with the old one, this new thing is just cluttering the desktop (and it's SLOW). Just realised I'm getting old cause I don't like the changes...

Cheers,

William 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: whunter
Message 3 of 4
whunter
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks, I actually found your posts after I calmed down after my intial post. Immensly frustrating, if someone asked me today if they should buy Inventor I would've said NO.

Anyway, I hope all these annoying things are sorted out with the service pack.

I'm still looking for a solution to search the forums from within Inventor, as per Inv 2011...

Message 4 of 4
whunter
in reply to: whunter

Found it, answer was in the forums all along. Not a nice solution (I'll give it half a mark):

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2012-Search-Bar-Looking-Locally-Only/m-p/29...

So you have to search the forums 'manually', pity, it was nice to have the search function in one place.

Interestingly, Google gave much better results than the forum's built in search engine for the same search string, but that is probably to be expected. This works better than the built in forum search (type in a Google search box):

your query site:forums.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report