Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 file open dialog

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
574 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 file open dialog

In Inventor, when I go to open a file, Inventor remembers the previous fileaname and path (thats good) but I still have to drag the vertical scroll bar to get to the file. If the number of files in the directory is small, then this is a non-issue (you dont have a vert scroll bar), but if it is a large directory, then it becomes a problem.

Watch this video....http://screencast.com/t/YYmm5jeg 

In this video, I first open the -19 part, then next I open the -23 part.  I have to pull the scroll bar down to get to this part.

It should remember the filename, path AND highlight the filename in the window.  Here is a thread about the same issue in 2011...http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/File-Open-dialog/m-p/2705669/highlight/true#M378013

Will we E-V-E-R get this to function correctly?

This is in Inventor 2012, sp1.  Running on Win7x64.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MartinBernat
in reply to: karthur1

This seems to be a Win7 issue, I could not reproduce this in Inventor x32 nor x64 on WinXP.

I've found similar issue in our database and I will ask Product Design to prioritize it.

Thanks for reporting!

Martin Bernat

Autodesk

Message 3 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: MartinBernat

Martin,

For what its worth,  When I do a Open>Open from Vault, the last filename that I opened from vault is highlighted in the window (the way that its supposed to work).

Regards

Message 4 of 6
shastu

Does anyone have a solution to this yet?  From my experience it is definately a Windows 7 issue, but I don't know how to fix it.

Message 5 of 6
rush02112
in reply to: shastu

This was working for me up until a couple of weeks ago from a workstation reformat. I vaguely remember there being a registry fix for this issue but can not find what it was. Is this fixed for 2013?
Message 6 of 6
BLHDrafting

Not a fix but handy. I often click on the Name column to do a reverse sort. It gets me to the bottom. Obviously doesn't help with anything in the middle of the list but resizing the wondow can help also.

Capture.JPG

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report