Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 export dxf versions

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
petitericeball
5822 Views, 25 Replies

Inventor 2012 export dxf versions

Hey guys, I've been using inventor 2010, and recently upgraded to inventor 2012. Today I found out that when exporting dxf's with inventor 2012, they no longer work when importing them into another program (cut2d). There used to be an options button when saving where I could change my dxf version, but now the button only does it for dxf, and I've tried all versions of the dwg (2000-2010), and it won't work with cut2d. 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

This issue is fixed in R2012 Sp1. Service pack1 is planned for August this year.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 22 of 26
bobvdd
in reply to: bobvdd

See also this hotfix

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17027483&linkID=9242019

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Message 23 of 26
petitericeball
in reply to: bobvdd

This solved it. Thanks for your guys' hard work!

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: petitericeball

Help me please! I'm using 2012 and bought a CNC desk top milling maching with ConstruCAM-3D software. To export from Inventor to ConstruCAM-3D, which only import .ZEI, H2R/LG1/SLD, EPS, GL, WMF, DXF, NCD, TXT, MCR, SOR, AH3, DIG, LOG, APT, of which Inventor is not supporting. How do I get the .ipt file into one of these formats?

Message 25 of 26
petitericeball
in reply to: Anonymous

DXF is 2d, and you have to right click on a face, then click export as. For 3d, I usually use STL, but there's a few different ways. You can go to the "save as" and change the file type, or you can export as cad format (both in the files dropdown menu)

Message 26 of 26
bobvdd
in reply to: Anonymous

Mafutu,

Like you have found out, the only viable 3D format that Autodesk supports from this long list is probably DXF.

Unfortunately,3D geometry from an Inventor ipt file cannot be exported to DXF (only idw files can be exported to DXF).

So you will have to do a Save Copy As of your ipt into a DWG/SAT and then open the DWG/SAT in AutoCAD or AutoCADM and save the file to DXF.

Cheers

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report