Inventor General

Active Contributor
dbyrnes
Message 1 of 3 (465 Views)

Inventor 2012 SP1 patch fails - Error 1500

465 Views, 2 Replies
11-23-2011 08:15 AM

Running Win7 64. I crashed Inventor 2012 yesterday. I clicked Send on the CER and got an Internet Explorer window with a link to a patch - inventor_2012_sp1_x64.msp.

I downloaded the patch and attempted to install it this morning, but consistently get an error message:"Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one." (see attached).

According to task manager, nothing else is running. I've restarted the pc - no luck. There aren't any windows waiting for responses hiding behind these windows.

How can I install this patch?

Employee
KevinLi-Autodesk
Message 2 of 3 (452 Views)

Re: Inventor 2012 SP1 patch fails - Error 1500

11-23-2011 07:37 PM in reply to: dbyrnes

Hi dbyrnes,

Thanks for your reporting and sorry for the inconvenience .

This is a installation problem and I suggest you to post it in the Installation & Licensing forum so more experts will look at it and feedback, the link is http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24 .

You crash should be fixed in Inventor 2012 SP1, that's why you will get an IE window with a link to this patch.

But for this patch installation error, I will leave it to my colleague (installation expert :smileyhappy:) to take a look at it and reply to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Employee
kevinautodesk2008
Message 3 of 3 (437 Views)

Re: Inventor 2012 SP1 patch fails - Error 1500

11-24-2011 03:17 AM in reply to: dbyrnes

HI, do you encouter the same error when you install other software, please have a look this link and see if it works for you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/error-1500-another-installat...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube