Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 SP1 Harness Display

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Breemum
760 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2012 SP1 Harness Display

Hey guys,

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere I just have not been able to find it.

Ever since I installed SP1 I am unable to hide wiring harnesses from assemblies in ipn files that are placed in an IDW. I have diferent locked design view representations that are all on one print and no matter how many times I remake or associate the views the cables are always displayed in the idw. I cannot open old drawings and print them without deferring updates. Makes it very annoying. And what I noticed is that normally if you "Include all Surfaces" they show up in the tree and you can hide certain surfaces. However the cable surfaces are not in the tree, and I cannot hide them through feature priority. Ive tried to manually remove them but the idw keeps winning.

If I have to uninstall sp1 thats fine. Is there any instructions on how to uninstall? I just do not want to mess up my current setup because I finally had a really stable AIP2012

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Breemum
in reply to: Breemum

Any insight on this one guys?

Message 3 of 9
cmcconnell

We are seeing the same thing with Surfaces in Master files - we are unable to turn of the visibility in drawings. We have several large assembly drawings that are showing this behavior. We have not been able to find a way around it....

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 4 of 9
mflayler2

This is a known bug in 2012 SP1.  Autodesk already has it logged.  I made note of it on my blog, but other than that it hasn't appeared anywhere else other than this post.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 9
Breemum
in reply to: mflayler2

Ok well I guess it is good to know that Autodesk knows about it. It is just something that I cannot even get a workaround for beyond deferring updates. So my new prints will have to hold off until its fixed I guess. I would uninstall SP1 but I fear something becoming corrupt. Id also have to go back to the 2012 select other operation and Im not having that 🙂

Thanks for the replies guys, I suppose just post here if Autodek releases a hotfix for it. I would appreciate it.

Message 6 of 9
kevin.brown

any updates news on this problem? The only way I have to hide a harness in a drawing view is to manually turn off visibility of individual harness visible lines. This is time consumming and results in broken lines on features I want shown in the drawing view.

Message 7 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: kevin.brown

I believe this hotfix addresses this problem.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17804781&linkID=9242019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 9
kevin.brown
in reply to: mcgyvr

that seems to do the trick...thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Daniel248

With this Hotfix on, I am only able to toggle the visibility of one harness at the time, after breaking the view associativity link (IDW of an IPN). Does anyone see the same behaviour? Is this acceptable to you? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report