Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Pro causes Win7 safe mode to reboot at login screen

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
knoziggeh
2616 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2012 Pro causes Win7 safe mode to reboot at login screen

I have found that with windows 7 64 bit (not sure about other versions) when inventor 2012 pro is installed, it causes windows safe mode to reboot at logon screen after like 3-4 seconds. I have found the cause to be a window service that it inventor installs called "Autodesk Moldflow Inventor Tool Suite Integration 2012 Job Manager". I disable this service via "msconfig" tool and windows safe mode works ok. Is anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: knoziggeh

no problems here i am running the same OS as you

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Ray_Feiler

Why are you using Windows 7 in safe mode?

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 4 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

i didn't read that correctly i thought it was causing windows 7 to reboot to safe mode

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
blair
in reply to: DarrenP

Win7 Safe mode results from a dirty shut-down of Windows on restart. More information is required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 12
dave.anderson
in reply to: blair

The Inventor service for Autodesk Moldflow Inventor Tool Suite Integration “version” Job Manager is running and prevents you from accessing SafeMode properly.

Solution: Change the Start Up type for this server from “Automatic” to “Manual” in Windows Services:

1. Select Start>Run> Enter “services.msc”

2. Select OK

3. Locate instances of Autodesk Moldflow Inventor Tool Suite Integration “version” Job Manager

4. Right-Click on the entry and select Properties

5. Select the Manual option from the Start Up Type drop down.

Do this for all product versions running the Autodesk Moldflow Inventor Tool Suite Integration Job Manager. Once the Type has been set, it will not interfere with the SafeMode boot

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
Jeff10

Hi,

This made my DAY!

I have been fooling with this problem for 2 days.

I had the same issue with Safe Mode. I was having problems with an accounting program that is several generations old. I am building up a new Win7 64-bit system. One of the troubleshooting recommendations was to start Windows in Safe Mode. I couldn't make that happen.... I have reinstalled Win7 3 times, testing as I installed each new program. The Inventor Design Suite had something to do with it.

I have searched for a while... thanks for posting so much specific information.

I am going to give this a try and see where things go from here.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Message 8 of 12
Jeff10
in reply to: Jeff10

Thanks everyone.

That fix worked!

A small problem like that raises doubts about a whole installation. Maybe I should have been smart enough to figure that out.... but, I wasn't.

I can't thank you enough.

Jeff

Message 9 of 12
blair

I would suggest installing the generations old accounting software on a machine that has a generations old O/S.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 12
SuperLDClark

Thank you so much!  I am having that exact same problem as we speak and could not figure out what was causing it.  Kudos for sharing your findings.

Message 11 of 12
Sanjit_J

Many thanks for the solution. Infact, i would link this page address in other forums with this topic unsolved...

P.S. why not develop an auto updater for Inventor Products to fix bugs automatically?

Message 12 of 12
swhite

in Windows 7 you can also start the Task Manager (right-click Task-bar area) and select the Services Tab and the Services button at bottom right. Always been easier for me to remember that path then the command prompt entry.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report